Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » U.S.S. Curry as possible Mediterranean class (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: U.S.S. Curry as possible Mediterranean class
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A short time later, Greg Jein (possibly) built a new Excelsior model for "Flashback".

Yes, you're right. Pictures of Jein's model can be found at the IDIC page.

quote:
Now correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the Rennaissance class, (according to TNG Tech Manual) the first starships to be fitted with asrv's like thoses on the E-D.

Actually, I thought the tech manual said that only the Hokkaido, the last class of that ship to be made, had escape pods (I know that doesn't help prove my theory, Rev, but maybe you're seeing more "greeblies" instead of pods).
------------------
Homer: "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!"

[This message has been edited by Dukhat (edited December 24, 2000).]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it was just an idea. It would be nice though, to finally see a ship that doesn't have inconsistancies up the yingyang

------------------
We attack tommorow, under cover of daylight!

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I don't like the idea that the Hokkaido was the first Renaissance to have escape pods. People seem to take the TM line too literally here - all Rick is saying is that the Hokkaido was the first Renaissance to have ASRV-type escape pods. The preceding ships probably had another type aboard, and even the TOS ship surely had her share of well-camouflaged pods stashed somewhere.

Still, Renaissance would be my favorite identity for the Centaur, too. And since there are only two components on the ship that can give us a scale - the Excelsior saucer and the Miranda wing/pod - I'd like to disregard the saucer and go with the pod. That way, the ship would better match the size of the Jem'Hadar ship she was chasing. The saucer isn't going to have any definite size-establishing features anyway, since there aren't standard docking ports or any other identifiable size indicators in an Excelsior bridge or upper saucer surface.

Timo Saloniemi

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is a direct quote from the tech manual:-

"The first ASRVs were delivered in 2337 in time to be fitted to the last Renaissance class starship, the USS Hokkaido,..."

This can mean that they were just ready to be installed when the Hokkaido was still being built, but the rest of the Renaissance class starships were already out in the field and would have to recieve them at their next refit.

------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having trouble seeing that scan of the Centaur from the fact files. It says it's a missing page. Would you be so kind as to repost it?

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At last, another Brit. However, I'm assuming, Reverend, you're no relation to "Good Reverend" who used to post here many moons ago. . . I like some of your ship designs too.

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The TM quote could also be read as saying that the Hokkaido was the last Renaissance in service, the others having been retired or destroyed by 2337. Of course, it would then be a contradiction that, say, the Maryland of that class would serve in the late 2360s or early 2370s...

Timo Saloniemi

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Aban Rune: here is that URL again http://www.stormloader.com/reverendtrig/Images/centaur.jpg
It should work I just tryed it myself.

Vogon Poet: Thanks, most of those are out of date now, some I have abandoned b/c they have cut'n'paste written all over them.

Timo: I'm fairly certain that the TM quote does mean that Hokkaido was the last ship to be built because as you said, there are Renaissance class ships still in service at least as late as the 2360's or even the 2370's if the Centaur does turn out to be of this class.

------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Reverand, I still can't get it. It takes me to http://www.stormloader.com/nonono.gif and says I've found a missing page or typed in a wrong url.

I tried clicking and copy/pasting and they both do the same thing.

I dunno. Maybe you could e-mail me the piccie [email protected]

Danka.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't open the picture, either.

However, I'd rather be interested in the number of the Fact File edition you got it from.

Could you help me with that?
Thanx.

------------------
RIMMER [as Ace]: "Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Blasted stupid thing! can anyone tell me how to upload direct to the board?

Austin: it was in the A-Z section of issue 203

------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Upload the pic at http://flareupload.hypermart.net/psupload.htm
Copy the link and paste it here.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have space?

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ta da! http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/centaur.jpg

all that fuss and I could have just typed the bloody thing :0/

------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Danka.

------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps