Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ST VII Generations (concept)Uniforms (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ST VII Generations (concept)Uniforms
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe "breathable cotton" is REALLY breathable in the future.

AC is off during filming because they make LOTS of noise, which is easily picked up and transmitted in the cavernous soundstages. This is one of the reasons why many scenes sound dubbed - they are, because of sounds they can't eliminate.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd always thought these uniforms would have made a good appearance as being from an alternate/parallel universe.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... you did this in CorelDRAW 10!? You must have a different CorelDRAW 10 than me [Wink]

Great work!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice work! i don't think the design is too bad, although I prefer the FC ones (despite the layers [Wink] ). I do think the movie 2-6 uniforms were the best designs though.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the 'vest' is always under there. I believe it was made as a 'substitute vest' a la picard's cool jacket that made it's debut in Season 5's "Darmok". Which was in turn made in response to the accusation that Kirk had a different top every now and then... why can't Picard!!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's so cool about Picard's jacket? I've always thought it looked horrible.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on! Leather shoulders and a suede jacket? A grey undershirt? What's not to like? [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in "Rocks and Shoals", Sisko told Dax that her "vest would take a little longer". He was drying her clothes over a fire and had just handed her part of her uniform. That implied to me that any officer could wear that vest thing under their jacket. However... with the way that Jadzia's curves showed through that uniform, it certainly didn't appear that she had any great deal of padding under there.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, by vest thing do you mean the black and grey waistcoat? Because unless they actually showed it, I doubt that's what Sisko meant.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they showed it. The most I remember seeing is a heap of clothes around the fire. And I think everyone was sitting around in their underwear. It's possible that he could've been talking about the outer jacket. Or maybe there's some female version of the vest that we haven't seen before.

Personally, I've always thought Jadzia would look hot in one of those vests... but she looks hot in most things.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought she looked really hot in that torpedo tube.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she looked pretty hot floating in midair in front of Dukat at the temple.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my god... I have those figures... next to my Cadet Picard one that Playmates released back in the 1990's.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'back in the 1990s' !?

it was less than 10 years ago! youre making me feel old..

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, the good ole days of the distant past... [Smile]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps