Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Copious Free Time (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Copious Free Time
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK a Skant + baseball cap with matching beach-towel

Star Trek: Baywatch? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
OK a Skant + baseball cap with matching beach-towel

Star Trek: Baywatch? [Smile]

Shh! You'll give them ideas! [Smile]
aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats pretty amazing stuff, man. i'd like to see you incorporate stuff like existing uniforms like the duty uniforms, the admirals uniforms and stuff like that of the band in nemesis....
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek: Baywatch?

Please excuse me, I need to make a long-distance phone call to Hollywood.

Hey, Brannon, I've got this really great idea...

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...And it's been approved. I've always wanted to do a story about a midget lifeguard surrounded by naked Orion slavegirls..."
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We'll going in a radical direction from the previous series, yet we'll be remaining true to the original Star Trek since our hero will be scoring lots of tail.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote this really long reply earlier. Did it get deleted or something?
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter:
quote:
Chaplins are also looked upon as a sort of couselor by a great many people, regardless the chaplins actual religious beliefs
Exept of course Starfleet vessels tend to have counsllors any way, so wouldn't chaplins be doubling up?
Not necessarily, no. For starters, it would depend on which era you're talking about. Second, they could easily fill in the role of counsellor to those who would prefer a specific religious individual, or at least the proverbial "man of the cloth" instead of the "local shrink". Some people are just more comfortable talking to a Priest/Rabi/Imam/Pastor/what-have-you than to a doctor.

One thing I want to say about the chaplains uniform is that you wouldn't likely have uniforms devoted to each religion, except for very specific events. Day-to-day chaplains uniforms in the modern U.S. Military Services is whatever the rest of that particular Service - usually the specific unit - wears on a daily basis. I'd think that StarFleet would do the same, as it's the most practical approach to show someone who's in the same service as his "crew".

Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, Griffworks. The chaplain's duty uniform would probably just have a different internal shirt collar and maybe pins related to his position, but that's about it.

It's only the formal dress uniform I put up there, which is normally more ornate anyway.

For my RPG I did up a duty uniform with just a different undershirt for the chaplain one of my players has.

http://xayvian.stations.acalltoduty.com/positions/Bob-Herald-Bio.htm

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ak - so any chance on those Skants!?! A FC Uniform variant? [Smile]

--------------------

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Two words: Hell no! [Smile]

Maybe Spike can draw them, but I find the idea appalling [Smile]

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally awesome on the uniforms. Are you planning on coming up with any more? They would look good in a tech manual for Star Trek: The Next Generation or at least a 24th Century Manual. Once again great job. [Wink]
Ahkileez
Member # 734

Right now I have plans to work on a sort of civilian dress for 'embedded reporters' and another for a military news person, like the US military's 'stars and stripes' paper.

I'm running short of ideas and I'll be willing to consider all suggestions except skants and pre-FC uniforms [Smile]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OH! PLEAZZZZZZE!!! Just one First-contact-style Skant!! It would be funny! And- interesting. I believe Pulaski wore a skant - but over trousers.

Worf in a skant - now THAT is funny - he didn't even like wearing the Dress Uniform (which I thought looked pretty cool).

Please Ak - just ONE!

--------------------

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't get the links to work.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps