Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starfleet Ribbons (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Starfleet Ribbons
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen gold E-5's and I have to wonder. We had a guy, OS2 Powell, with gold second class chevrons. He only recently made first. I think if I were ever a gold second I wouldn't let anyone know.

The Air Force on the other hand is lucky to make E-6 in 12 years. That's how bad their promotion is. I knew a guy, FC1 Wolfe, picked up first class last year and it took him less than 4 years to make E-6. In the Navy it isn't unheard of, but the Air Force it would be impossible considering the USAF is a such a cake-ass military branch no one leaves so there's no room for promotion.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take that, Air Force slobs! Air Force is jerks!!
Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:

The first ribbon is the Federation Medal of Honor. Please read the post. I already it can only be issued by the President of the Federation.

I did read your post.

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:

The Starfleet Medal of Honor is the Federation's highest honor, issued only by the President of the Federation.

And I replied...

quote:
Since you write that the Silver Star is the highest Starfleet medal, shouldn't the first one be the Presidential Medal of Honor or something like that instead of Starfleet Medal of Honor?
I figured you meant to write a different title, but I just wanted to point that out to you.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ulTRS magDOS:
Take that, Air Force slobs! Air Force is jerks!!

heh... not quite what I was going for UM. Myself, like most sailors, just like to make fun of the Air Force whenever possible. It's not serious, more like friendly rivialary. In the end, we realize we're all on the same team.

It's not just limited to them either, the Marines for example, Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Not Essential. Or My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My old Chief (E-7) MMC Lenz made E-7 in 6 years, the one I had after him AOC Meers made it in 9.

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps