Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starfleet enlisted ranks (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Starfleet enlisted ranks
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except that Commodore is a rank rather than a position in some navies (Although Fleet Captain isn't, AFAIK). I think i've sometimes seen Fleet Captain used to refer to the commander of a flagship, but I'm fairly certain this use is incorrect.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually the captain that commands the flagship so the Admiral doesn't have to worry about it is the "Flag Captain."

I imagine that the brevet rank of "Fleet Captain" would be given to the commanding Captain of a group of ships in a Navy that has the rank of "Commodore" instead of "Rear Admiral, Lower Half" so there isn't any confusion.

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps