Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Carolina NCC-1000 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: USS Carolina NCC-1000
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something I did based on meni's NCC-1000. It seemed a shame to waste the work so I'm posting it here. Not much I can do with it now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/NCC-1000.jpg

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mooooooom! Big brother stepped on my Enterprise toooooooyyy!!!

Nice work as always, Irish. Do you figure her to be a refit? Phasers and all...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're the only guy who can make this ship look good, Irishman. Terrific job per usual. Not sure I get the purple impulse thrusters, but it could just be the bondo fumes are playing with my color perception.
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bx, wow, thanks. [Smile]

Is there anything you think I should change at all?

I may go back to Meni's and get some help with curves on the top view.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always liked this desing. Now it's just..better.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always disliked this design, but it is really cool to see it rendered so handily by Mr. Irishman. Like it almost seems like a ship they'd build. Were I to check or change anything it would be the color of those impulse thrusters, and also just make sure that if present at all, the underbulge of the bottom of the saucer might be visible in fore and aft views. But it looks great, really.

So we're clear, this would be a TOSified version of Meni's image from the 2006 SOtL calendar, correct? Unless I missed something, Meni did post this dorsal view over on the Trek bbs board which looks a little different.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic job- the only thing I'd change is the aft shuttlebay's landing platform- it looks really odd squared off that way- just curve that and it's perfecto!

...er...phasers would also be good, as would (as mentioned) changing the color of the impulse vents to red.

Looks like it's leaning toward being a TOS Intrepid with the nacelles overhanging the saucer like that....you ever consider updating the Intrepid this way?
It would be koolness.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Irishman
Member # 1188

Yeah, I'll be adding phasers in the near future. I see no reason not to put them in the usual locations on the E-nil saucer, and 1 fore and 1 aft. If it's a frigate, SHOULD it have torps??

I'll be rounding off the landing platform too. I hate it the way it is now.

I don't know about the Intrepid. I hadn't considered giving her this treatment. Woudln't hurt to play around with it.

This time I have played around with an idea for the Class A Sublight shuttlepod. It's very WIPish, and I may upscale it, depending on what I decide regarding its parameters.

So, should I go this way, or another way?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/ClassAshuttle1.jpg

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm....looks like a plausable versin of the TNG shuttlepod.

Unfortunately, I hate the TNG shuttlepod more than any other cheap prop.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work - but I'd think my cat would be rather comfortable in there... [Smile]

-

Mark

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

Mark, you're right! It does look kinda like a little box! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Now I gotta start all over again. Good thing I have other ideas. [Razz]

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

oops... I meant litter

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice design! It also SORTA looks like - in the front and back views that little black, cube droid from Star Wars. People nick-named him Gunk I think. I think he was the one being 'branded' on his feet in the Jawa Sandcrawler. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

bX
Member # 419

(...Gonk, and it was in Jabba's palace...)
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

...With the lead pipe?

Mark <---destroying designers' dreams since 1993

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps