Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Jaynz - Saladin Sample Test Thingie (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Jaynz - Saladin Sample Test Thingie
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Endeavor Class, based on SFPO design
Yeah, I know the caps are wrong, but I honestly think the stylized bussards work better with the design than the 'hatch-caps'. [Smile]

(Half size for display...)

-

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:
I've got Canvas, thanks to Jackill, but I haven't mastered it yet. :S

Thou shalt buy thyself Illustrator CS on ebay.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really can't stand illustrator, or anything adobe for that matter. I had to use it for a job recently (for which I was not paid, again!) and it took me two hours to do something that I could have done in ten minutes, had I been using PSP. The controls are so counter intuitive it's as if it's been intentionally designed to be more complicated than it really needs to be.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? I've always thought it was pretty user-friendly. Illustrator is my least favorite of the Creative Suite, but I find it handy, mostly for logos. Sometimes I'll do the basics in Ill. then copy/paste everything into Photoshop for finishing flair.

Guess it's just what you get used to.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll have to look at that saved page of side classes but the Phase II version of the Enterprise that will be shown in the next episode of ST:PII... what exact class is the Enterprise considered when it looks like This? (assuming that any ship that gets a major mod simular to others in it's original class)
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, hard to say. In general terms, the 'first ship of the class' is the class name, but that's generally colliqual. SO, if in Phase II, this 'updating' is the FIRST of the kind, she's the Enterprise class.

I personally had her as the Tikopai, but I'm revisiting the subclasses due to the insanely large number of ships born of Constitution stock.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Bloch Class Research Cruiser
Based on the USS Bakker from "Action of the Tiger"

-

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
quote:
I've got Canvas, thanks to Jackill, but I haven't mastered it yet. :S

Thou shalt buy thyself Illustrator CS on ebay.
Fuck's sake- I'd give him a copy....

It's a nice take (Endeavor Class) but I really dont care for the angular bussard collectors- I think rounded is the way to go with those...
Maybe translucent with some vague mechanical detail beneath the surface. [Cool]

that linked-in phase 2 is great except for the silly blue bussard collectors (which only ever occur on the TOS RBOP).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the Excelcior (sort of)?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I'm really unhappy with the ventral windows, but I'm not really sure how to fix them at the moment, short of a CAD-like redraw of them.

How to draw windows
 -
Step 1: On the side and front views, draw lines at the top and bottoms of the windows.
Step 2: Draw lines to the top view from where the window lines intersect with the outline of the bridge.
Step 3: On the top view, inset the bridge outline to meet the lines from step 2.
Step 4: Draw windows within the inset bridge outlines.

If you’re a steely-eyed missile man, you’ll curve and slant the windows to follow the curves of the bridge.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Vanguard
Member # 1780

That's actually what I did, Masao, on two attempts. The problem is the limitation of PSP, I think, which attempts to 'square off' anything pretty decisively, making them look MORE off than if I just copied in straight squares and rotated them.

It's probably the best argument yet for me to 'upgrade' my tools to something a little more professional, I guess.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Triton1
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Bloch Class Research Cruiser
Based on the USS Bakker from "Action of the Tiger"

-

Is "Action of the Tiger" a comic book? I like the design. [Smile]
IP: Logged
Vanguard
Member # 1780

I think it's one of the DC comics from several years back, but the many different Trek comic lines blur to me. :S

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's actually what I did, Masao, on two attempts. The problem is the limitation of PSP, I think, which attempts to 'square off' anything pretty decisively, making them look MORE off than if I just copied in straight squares and rotated them.

It's probably the best argument yet for me to 'upgrade' my tools to something a little more professional, I guess.

The main problem is not the shape of the windows, it's their positions. Your inner row of windows on the top view are almost touching the bridge dome. If they were in that position, on the nearly horiztonal section of the dome, they'd be barely visible on the side view. Similarly, the lower windows on the side view are on the nearly vertical part of the dome and would thus be nearly invisible on the top view. That can't be the fault of PSP. I know you can draw these windows better, Vanguard!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Oh, thought you meant the ventral ones. I'm afraid I got a little myopic there.

You mean the B-C decks are too high on the image, they're up in the roll-over bit. I see that now. I'll get on it in the mornin' then, once I recover. [Smile]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps