Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Jaynz - Saladin Sample Test Thingie (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Jaynz - Saladin Sample Test Thingie
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you go bashing PSP! If I can make the windows and gridlines on this and this line up using pretty much the same technique as Masao demonstrated, then so can you!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Rev, but you're a witch.

Also, I'm stealing that bridge for an upcoming model.
It's not theft, it's an homage.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I've got a ways to go before I hit Rev's level of talent. I'm not jealous, really. *hides the pitchforks and torches*

I did tweak the windows again, crossing between measurements and eye-balling. Of course, with this tweaking, they're now more significantly off of FJ's work (which is where all this started), but that's okay, I guess. I don't think Karen will mind.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Zealand Pearl
Basically a piece of leftover art I didn't want to throw out... so, a TOS transport ship.

-

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:

I did tweak the windows again, crossing between measurements and eye-balling.

Oh, man, don't eyeball! You'll be guaranteed to get it wrong every time. Learn how to construct your views correctly now and you'll be able to apply the methods easily in the future. I taught myself early on how to draw registry numbers and other details on curved surfaces and now don't have to rely on my untrustworthy eyeballs; I'm sure Harry and Reverend did the same thing. What separates great schematics from average schematics is the precision of details.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That and rubbing cheetah blood on the mouse.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
That and rubbing cheetah blood on the mouse.

I spitted my egg nog on that one.

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that what they're calling it nowadays?

vanguard, that there transport resembles a certain FASA ship...Kawasaki Maru or something...
Kinda looks good TOS-ified that way.
I'm still uncertain what those fin-thingies do on that design but any design that's not a "saucer-and-blob-plus-nacelles" is a winner in my book.

hmmm...maybe the fins are landing struts? add some egress points at the bottom and I could totally see it.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps