Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Constellation Class MSD (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Constellation Class MSD
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing I'd really like to know is what they did with the aft end of the nacelles to give them that squared off appearance. They either:

a) Trimmed the ends off leaving the nacelles slightly shorter than a Miranda. Or...

b) Built them up so they're the same length but don't taper.

I've never been completely convinced of either alternative. There are various schematics that support either and the photos of the model I've seen are unconclusive.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen pictures of the Constellation studio model. It's quite big. Large enough to house all the supports and electronics needed to mount and light it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to get a look at those pics, I like the studio models...
I heard the Ambassador model was dropped, this being the reason we never saw it during the Dominion war...
Regards
Jb

BTW:Thanks for the feedback on my pic.

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmm...ok, I think I still have some scans that people have posted at home.... maybe.

I'm sure you can find the same pics at the Starship Modeler's site....anyone got a link for that place?

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see the picture because I am getting a message that the page can't be found. Can somebody email me the picture @ [email protected]? thankx

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its because J.B. old boy put it on Geocities, who dont like people using their webspace to simply post pictures on message boards because it fucks them out of the all valuable you-seeing-their-pop-up-window-and-immediately-closing-it-without-reading-it-or-giving-a-shit advertising time.

try visiting his website http://www.geocities.com/msdman2002/, and then type in the extra
' constellationclass.jpg ' at the end of the address and it will show it to you.

And hopefully jb will realize he's annoying us by doing this and just link us to his site and make a small html file for his picture next time. you DO want to stop upsetting us, dont you jb?

in fact i'll write it for you
{html}
{head}
{title}Constellation MSD{/title}
{/head}
{body}
{img SRC="constellationclass.jpg"}
{/body}
{/html}

replace all the '{' with '<' and the '}' with '>', name the file, put it on your site, and link to it so we dont have to deal with geo-madness anymore, hmm?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Constellation class studio model definetely can't be a kitbash. I've seen the "Valkyrie" model at the Star Trek Exhibition in Cologne a couple of years back.
The Model was about 1.5 meters long. No chance of any AMT parts being used on that one.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a kitbash by any other name...

The term kitbash as referring to the Constell. is accurate. It wasnt made from pieces of the AMT or any model kit, but instead probably from pieces created from the Constitution molds (explaining the size) But its still kitbashed, just not from an actual 'kit'

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps