Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Elora Class, among others (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Elora Class, among others
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few ships that I've drawn up but never posted here on Flare.

-
This is a ship that's made from the Athabaska class, among others.

-
Here's a drawing of a ship that started out as a Micro Machine. I've modified it from it's original rendition.

-
And this is the Elora class. It's not terribly creative, I suppose. But it has the virtue of one of the few ships that I've drawn up completely from scratch. [Smile]

[ July 08, 2002, 21:54: Message edited by: Topher ]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the second one very much. Very well proportioned.

Looks like some sort of immediate predecessor to the Excelsior class, don't you think?

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Door Number One for me...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*drools*

I really like the Athabaska Class. I might do something a little different with the neck... maybe angle it forward a bit more, or even try losing it altogether... but I can SO see that as a nice 3-D model....

EDIT: Sorry... I didn't mean the Athabaska Class... I'm talking about the second one... the Micro Machine one.

[ July 09, 2002, 06:29: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Ed / BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoo-wee those are nice ships!

My only suggestions:

For the Athabaska Class, lose that phaser turret (?) above the nacelle.

And for the Elora, I would make it a little longer and less taller, but what the heck, all of them are dern fine ships.

(Goes and plots revenge [Wink] )

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For the Athabaska Class, lose that phaser turret (?) above the nacelle.

1. It's not called the Athabaska class. He said it's based of its design.
2. If you're referring to the second design, it's also not the Athabaska class. He identifies it as being based off a Micro Machine kitbash
3. Those are not phaser turrets on the nacelles. They actually do belong on them. Look carefully at all instances of the "LN-64" nacelle and you'll see they are there as well, just not as pronounced as Topher made them out to be on his ships.

Edit: I just realized you might be talking about the phaser cannon (a la Miranda class). In that case, ignore what I said in number 3.

[ July 09, 2002, 09:35: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D'oh! I never told you guys the other two's names [Big Grin]

The first one is the Lusitaria and the second one is the Bombardier.

The Lusitaria has heavy phaser emplacements because it's similar to the Knox class, neither of which have torpedo capability, so they need some sort of heavy weaponry. The Lusitaria is meant to be a scout-ish kinda ship. Keen observers (or maybe everyone but no one said anything [Smile] ) would notice the sensor equipment under the bridge module.

As for the Bombardier, well, I have the MM in front of me here. I suppose it is a step towards the Excelsior. The MM is actually the E-A saucer and nacelles with the Excelsior stardrive and pylons (I lopped off part of the end of the stardrive to use on another minature).

And the Elora is pretty much finished. I like it as it is. I might add windows to it sometime in the future, but that's unlikely. I can't really move the saucer down as that would block off the torpedo launchers and I'd have to relocate those. [Smile]

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[interesting notion]

I woner what would hapen if you turned the nacelles on the Bombardier upside down ala the Akyazi...

[/interesting notion]

Ed / BWC
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
1. It's not called the Athabaska class. He said it's based of its design.
2. If you're referring to the second design, it's also not the Athabaska class. He identifies it as being based off a Micro Machine kitbash

1. I mean the first one, based off the Athabaska Class, sorry! [Roll Eyes]

2. No, I'm not.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Topher: I took the liberty of quickly making a couple of the changes I was talking about.... just to see how it looked. I also did a couple of other variations. I really dig that overall design.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/226/Husami.jpg

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/226/Husami2.jpg

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/226/Husami3.jpg

Me likey. Picture the nacelle pylons coming straight out of the little hump in the middle and angling slightly aft.

[ July 10, 2002, 08:28: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

First you nix the neck, then the whole saucer? Hmm. Not sure I like those modifications...

I might see about putting LN-68 nacelles on there. That might look a bit better.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Here's the Bombardier with the "Ikeda" LN-68 nacelles.

-

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I was just playin' round. [Smile] Obviously, the third one doesn't bear much resmblance at all to the original. Just an idea I had that reminded me of a design I came up with using the Exclsior secondary hull a while back.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Ed / BWC
Ex-Member

Now that I look at it, the Elora class looks like a step from the Constitutuion to the Amassador.
I forgot say say I like them all.

(What program do you use?)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never liked the LN-68 nacelles. It looks like someone took the LN-64 nacelles and just starting chopping of the the top-front portion.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps