Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Bandai announces 1/850 EntA kit! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Bandai announces 1/850 EntA kit!
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.hlj.com/stann.html

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, snap w/ painting already done? My kind of models. [Big Grin]

Any word on what other models they're going to release?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
REPOST! [Big Grin] scroll down to the bottom
IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This new release from Bandai will be an import (like the Fine molds Star wars stuff) and will be out (planned) several months before the new Polar lights kits. Crazy huh?

....now if only they'd make kits in 2500th...(sigh!)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you do them in 2500th scale? Far too small - for my liking that is.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fleet is over 50 Federation ships, 27 Dominion alliance ships, 7 Klingon , 4 Romulan, and 1 So'Na ship.
I'd need a stadium (or at least a biig house) to build them in, say 1400th. [Wink]

Besides...there is a shadow army of us 2500th-ers still building and producing kits.

....and 1400th has been done to death with only the Federation ships represented: ZERO alien designs!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm sure the amt galor and vor'cha classes were 1/1400. plus i think federation models sell a couple..... then again i might just be wrong.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Galor was 1/1000, IIRC.
IP: Logged
iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah ok. i trust you know more than me. the words modelling newbie describe me very well.

I was right about one thing though. Starcrafts produce a pack of 3 jem'hadar fighters in 1/1400 scale available from federation models.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The AMT Galor is 1/1000 (assuming 481m for Galor) and the Vor'cha is 1/1400. The Klingon BoP in the TNG Adversary Set is also 1/1400 (assuming 110m for BoP).

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about the Ferengi Marauder and the D'Deridex Warbird of the three-piece adversary set? What was their scale?

--------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
How about the Ferengi Marauder and the D'Deridex Warbird of the three-piece adversary set? What was their scale?

They're 1/3730 -- effectively 1/3 the scale of the 1/1400 ships. Because of the size relationship, the Klingon BoP model works well as either a 1/1400 normal BoP or a 1/3730 K'vort-class cruiser.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

They should have done a Ferengi Marauder in 1/1400th scale as a seperate kit. I wonder why no one did that. Does nobody like that design enough to buy the model?

--------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

I would much prefer and love to see a 1/1400 Warbird. It would be as big as the studio miniature but I could live with that. With any luck it would be cheaper than those Greg Jein replicas they were selling a while back too. Oh well, I know it will never happen.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All questions about the scales of Trek kits can be answered here: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/trek/trekscales.cfm

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps