Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TAS - Aqua Shuttle

Author Topic: TAS - Aqua Shuttle
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a big TAS fan myself but I was asked to do this one and as requests go it seamed easy enough.

Schematics

I had to make a few additions and extrapolations because of the spartan nature of the original drawings, the most obvious of which is the addition of a door.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, something about submerging warp nacelles doesn't sit right with me... Then again, if they're vacuum-tight, I suppose water wouldn't hurt them.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice drawings.

quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
You know, something about submerging warp nacelles doesn't sit right with me... Then again, if they're vacuum-tight, I suppose water wouldn't hurt them.

Interestingly, an early draft of "Starship Down" [DS9] called for the Defiant to go down on a water world; later the idea was revised to the gas giant one that was actually filmed.
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well-done. I like the additional details. They were absolutely necessary to make the shuttle credible.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice schematics, Rev. But even with the added details this isn't a very credible ship. It sure as hell doesn't look particular aquatic. I think the shuttles in TAS are generally pretty bad.

(Note: The emblems says "shipsyards")

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the top view kinda looks like the snowspeeder from tESB. i like the design, myself. kinda cooky. [Smile]
IP: Logged
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nice schematics, Rev. But even with the added details this isn't a very credible ship. It sure as hell doesn't look particular aquatic. I think the shuttles in TAS are generally pretty bad.
I agree, but like I said, it was done at a request.

quote:
(Note: The emblems says "shipsyards")
Considering the whole thing took me only one hour from start to finish (schmatics & logo) I think I did fairly well in the error department. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Reverend, I never really liked the design, but, as has been expressed already, I like it alot bette rnow than I did before [Smile] Good job!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend, great job on the design. I am really impressed. [Big Grin] Are you going to make a more detailed and corrected version? What program do you use to design these wonderful ships?

"Set a course that is straight and true." - Capt. Hunter Star Trek: Nova

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps