Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG "Rapture" $$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BSG "Rapture" $$$
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
No they're not. The Final Five are Blue Mega Man, Green Mega Man, Red Mega Man, Yellow Mega Man, and The Mega Cycle who combine to form Ultra Mega Mega Man!(See if you can get that reference)

What's the prize for guessing correctly? Cheesy Poofs, or Snacky Cakes? [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could the apology-receiver have been the Hybrid? I was interrupted by a phone call during the scene when the Hybrid was first introduced, so I don't know if they said anything then which would make it impossible.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a very good point, actually. It would kinda fit... they've seemed to have approached the concept of the Hybrid as something that either started out as sentient, or else semi-sentient, and was overwhelmed by the connections to their ships.

Obviously the Cylons know about the Hybrid, but it's possible they don't realize something critical about her/its nature.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
No they're not. The Final Five are Blue Mega Man, Green Mega Man, Red Mega Man, Yellow Mega Man, and The Mega Cycle who combine to form Ultra Mega Mega Man!(See if you can get that reference)

What's the prize for guessing correctly? Cheesy Poofs, or Snacky Cakes? [Big Grin]
An Okama Gamesphere!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, beaten to nominating the Hybrid as a Five-Candidate.

Starbuck options:

1. She's a Cylon. Yes, it's a cop-out dramatically, but it explains how she can be so good at everything yet still have the angst.
2. She's an Oracle. Allows for all of the above, such as trying to put aside the weird eye/nova visions in favour of more physical pursuits, but also means she can believe in infidelity but not divorce.
3. She's Wesley. No, stop screaming! But she's going to Ascend in some way.

And - you just know I'm gonna mention this - thank Christ Hera's OK. Funny how things have been so turned around - where we once saw ex-Caprica-Boomer, now Athena, and thought "sneaky bitch" she's now the goodie, whereas ex-Galactica-Boomer went from tortured and sympathetic to bitch.

Oh, and sucks to be Three.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I suppose being tortured doesn't usually leave you with a sunny disposition.
Plus I imagine she's a little jealous of Athena.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jealous of the fact that SHE'S on board Galactica with her old friends and life? Plus she's married to Helo... even I know that's better than Chief.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps