Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 2x06 The Line $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ Heroes 2x06 The Line $$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, NOW things are starting to get interesting. It rather feels like the first season - lot of (sometimes boring) exposition, and then the sudden hook to drag us deeper into the tangled web of "WTF?" the plot holds.

I really thought Bennet was going to put the gun down for a second there. Not sure if I'm proud of him or not...

Looooks like Hiro will have to become Kensei and stay in that time, or so it would seem to me - no more scrolls, broken timeline, Kensei gone evil, etc, etc. Unless he uses some kind of reset button.

When Peter and Irish-woman (can't remember her name for the life of me) walked into the building in Montreal, for a second there I thought it was Sylar's workshop, when I saw the clock. Just a split-second thing. And when they jumped to future-NYC, I really did notice the crappy greenscreening that I couldn't see in Odessa.

Either Jessica is now in full control, or Nikki is hiding her true colors from Suresh for now. I think the latter, because D.L. is doing *something* during all of this - he could be taking care of Mikah instead of leaving him in the care of his family. I have a hunch he's working on some plan he and Nikki have to avenge themselves on the Company.

Wonder where Parkman and Nathan were during this episode.

Claire is *so fucking stupid.* Like her parents won't hear about this story that a drunken cheerleader was claiming Claire fell to her death and then was fine? Or someone from the *Company* for that matter?? Over *cheerleading* she did this? Granted I wasn't a popular person in high school...nor was I female...but I can't get my head around wanting to participate in something like that so badly that you're willing to risk the lives of your family.

I wish the Twins would hurry up and get the USA. I'm even more bored with the Sylar substory - They're driving through Mexico and stuff happens, yeah, yeah. ;P

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You think D.L. is faking being dead? [Wink]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Things I observed or want to know:
  • How did Peter know he could Time Travel? I am assuming he used Hiro's power there instead of someone else manipulating him there.
  • I suspect that Kensei was the "Phil Laak" character that offed Kaito. He now has a reason to be BAD to the Nakamura's.
  • Could the Kristen Bell character be the daughter of Kensei?
  • Why does Sylar no longer have his powers? Did the company inject him with one of their viruses to inhibit his abilities? IF so, how long before it wears off?
  • Is Noah trying to find a way to PREVENT his death thru the paintings?
  • My guess is Parkman & Nathan are on the return from Philly.
  • Who is Adam Monroe? Is it another of the Dirty Dozen or a newfound Hero?
  • The note to Peter was from "adam". I assume that is the guy listed on the folder of Bob's that Mohinder saw.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also found myself wondering who this Adam person is.

And Jonah, the trailer for next week is where Daniel is getting his ideas. I know you don't watch them, but a lot of us do....

And I don't think its so much that Claire really wants to be a cheerleader its that she really wants a valid alibi for spending time with West.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this power-inhibitor virus is the only explanation for Sylar's lack of abilities. He was in Candace's 'care' after all.

Kensei being the Big Bad is an interesting idea; I'm not sure why, but I feel like it fits, somehow. Maybe because the guy looked so old and feeble (I know we couldn't see his face, but the way he was stooped over and leaning on the wall for support) so perhaps Claire and Kensei's powers of regeneration *do* allow immortality, or at least a drastically extended lifespan. But we'll see.

Edit: So Bennet speaks Russian, as well as Japanese...did I miss any other ones?

[ October 30, 2007, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Daniel Butler ]

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Also, the hooded figure who killed Kaito didn't seem too bothered about jumping off a building, when presumably he was still hoping to kill the rest of the 12. It makes sense that he'd have regenerative abilities. That or he was a kamikaze.

quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
Things I observed or want to know:
  • How did Peter know he could Time Travel? I am assuming he used Hiro's power there instead of someone else manipulating him there.

I don't think Peter knew he could do it anymore than he knew he could zap people or force choke Malcolm Reed. All he was doing at the time was hugging Caitlin, so it was just one of those serendipitous events that are always happening in Heroes. Not only did he use a power he didn't know he had, but he revealed a major plot point in the process! I presume the evacuation order in NY is because the virus has mutated to infect all humans? It's that or Maya went on a rampage.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was kinda disappointed they did the whole New York City in peril again. At least this time the whole world seems to have been affected.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think the latter, because D.L. is doing *something* during all of this

D.L. is busy being dead.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, pushing up daisies is hard work!

I liked this episode. Especially the music playing in the scene where Bennet kills Ivan.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So Bennet speaks Russian..."

Or Ukrainian. Personally, I wouldn't know the difference.

"And I don't think its so much that Claire really wants to be a cheerleader its that she really wants a valid alibi for spending time with West."

More specifically, she already told her father she was cheerleading, so she needed to get on the team to keep up the ruse.

In the preview for next week's episode, Peter seemed to be shooting electricity out of his hand. Did his previous telekinetic bursts look quite like that, or should we expect him to personally encounter Bell's character soon?

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Ehh, I really must have missed something - D.L. is dead?

TSN: I know the Russian word for friend is "drug" and I heard it several times while the subtitles said "friend;" but I don't know if the Ukranian word is drug or not. It could be.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the finale from last season he was shot and not doing too well. We had hoped he made it, but the first episode of this season showed Nikke taking Micah to visit his gravestone before dropping him in New Orleans. But I'm still of the "not until I see a rotting corpse" camp regarding anyone really being dead in this show.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I didn't catch the first minute or two of 2x01, so that explains why I missed it; glad I know now ;P
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be neat if it turned out they faked his death by actually burying him, and then he just phased up through the ground after dark.

Well, kinda neat, anyway.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Here's a random thought - I wonder what would happen if Claire or Kensei got frozen? Would it be like Aiyana(sp?), the Ancient Stargate Command found in Antarctica, who survived millions of years frozen and revived herself as soon as her body temp rose? That could be an alternate explanation for Kensei being the killer, IF, of course, Kensei is the killer.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps