Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » New K.I.T.T. officially revealed (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: New K.I.T.T. officially revealed
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear I thought there was a thread on this already....

Anyway, NBC has officially revealed the new K.I.T.T. to be a Shelby GT500KR. The two links have pictures with the press release, and the second link has a video:
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/12/2008-knight-rider-shelby-gt500kr-kitt.html
http://jalopnik.com/cars/knight-rider/first-video-of-knight-riders-kitt-revealed-live-333192.php?autoplay=true

I know there's been a lot of people on one side or the other about this car, but personally I like it. I've never been a car person, but the new Mustang body style is the only car that's ever "turned my head", so to speak. I was in 3rd grade when the original series started, so I was exactly the right age group at the time. What I'm wondering is, will this be family-friendly like the original? My son is in 2nd grade right now, and it would be nice to share this with him, and for him to start watching some live-action stuff.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I liked knightrider, I'm think NBC has really jumped the gun. First Bionic Woman (which I find to be meh) and now Knightrider. TV is becoming like the movies.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe in recycling, but this seems a bit excessive.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda reminds me of that scene from Family Guy where the movie (or was it TV?) exec says something like "Guys, what the hell are we doing?? We've been doing the same stuff over and over again for years! We have to try something new!" And another executive beats him to death with a wall hanging.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The three cars to be employed in the series include the KITT Hero -- a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR that is playing the part of the everyday Hero car with 540 horsepower; the KITT Attack -- a super high-speed version of the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR Hero car that transforms into Attack mode with the help of air-ride technology and specialized body parts -- and a KITT Remote, which is a driverless Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR version of the Hero vehicle."

SUPER PURSUIT MODE!!!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knight Rider was before my time, so I've only seen a few episodes. It seems like this is the general idea: Some guy who looks far more like a disco dancer than a secret agent drives a talking car with technology 50 years too advanced in order to take vigilantism to the next level. And look damn good while doing it.

Is there more to it than that?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The car has(had)a British accent.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet William Daniels was never British. He just sounds it. A little. But it's actually more Bostonian.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet William Daniels was never British. He just sounds it. A little. But it's actually more Bostonian.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good diction, at any rate.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KITT is GOB now, though, which is fantastic, though it probably won't end up the way I am hoping.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Phucking Pheeny, guys.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:

He did? Sounded like a posh yank to me.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Shik
Member # 343

Like I said. A little. Sort of how Cary Grant & other British ex-pats still had that tinge of the isles in their voices.

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mid-Atlantic, it's called. I am profoundly unhappy that they're retreading the original premise for another go-around, and not taking the opportunity to build on it and give us the next look out into the future. I don't know what it would involve for KITT or the show's premise, but I have ideas. And they're not this. *grump*

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps