Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Stargate Universe Trailer at Comic Con! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ Stargate Universe Trailer at Comic Con!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still peeved that Robert Carlyle would rather do the Stargate equivalent of Voyager than be Doctor Who. But at least he's retaining a vaguely Scottish accent (I think).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was in the running to be the next Doctor!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
I can understand the shaky cam, but where have you seen a space battle on BSG with no sound?

I recall in the miniseries that there was no sound (music though) for the attack on galactica- then Trek did the same thing after, oh, 30 plus years of having sound effects for space stuff.
Fuckers.

Y'know, the more I watch the new movie, the worse it gets....it's really not something to watch over and over (like FC or TWOK).

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet you apparantly keep doing just that...?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they do say "know your enemy".

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carlysle was a heavy fan favorite for the next Doctor. We don't know who was auditioned though, and thanks to the state of the industry we likely never will. IMO the new producer was set on a younger guy AND an unknown.

And ifnuBSG was to keep to the standard of the original, they would have repeated the same attack sequence over and over and over and over again, mixed with repeated stock footage of Saturn rocket stages separating and stuff, no? [Razz]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
And yet you apparantly keep doing just that...?

Well, I sw it in the theatre, then watched the bootleg with my room-mate and again when some friends came over...that last time I left the room about halfway.

It's not STV awful or anything....just kinda "smallville" when you know the comics really well, y'know?

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess the name of the ship is Jupiter II?

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps