Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » So...Matrix: Revolutions (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: So...Matrix: Revolutions
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trinity's death was just fine.

The movie, less so.

But, I mean, it looked cool. Oh man. THEY FOUGHT IN THE AIR LIKE SUPERMAN VS ANOTHER SUPERMAN!!! And there were robots and some dudes were upside down! I was happy.

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trinity's death will be fine when the episode "Yesterday's Nebudchadnezzar" airs and she is given a meaningful death and gives birth to a half human / half machine baby before being killed while trying to escape the Matrix, again.

Then said half machine baby will grow up to hate Morpheus and the circle of life continues.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the spoilers that were advertised before the movie came out. Needless to say, they seemed to answer a lot of the questions laid out than the movie did, with a very clever twist ending that was believable (albeit with some missing parts).

As for the movie itself, the ending of the movie was quite..... soppy, and didn't give a good answer to a lot of the questions I was looking for.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it again tonight and I must admit that it benefits from a second viewing. I did enjoy it more this time around (might have to do with the fact that I wasn't surrounded by 200 other people insisting on crying out "There's Neo" when he first appears as if we didn't know who he is).

While I still prefer the first two installments by far, this one is catching up.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neo Andreson

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally saw it last night. Oy.

The overall feeling I got from it was that they had 45 minutes of story left to tell after Reloaded, so they made another 2 hour movie.

The dialouge was forced... "Who are you?" "I'm the Oracle." Geez... they did it better in the game. "You know me, but you may not recognize me." The events seems disjointed. The Mirovingian's appearance and Neo's being trapped in this new, unexplained level of existance were pointless. They just had to find a way to explain why Reloaded ended with Neo in a coma and they took the opportunity to make another religious metaphor.

The action was ok, but the club fight was part of a pointless scene, so I had a hard time getting into it.

I was dissatisfied with the fact that everyone immediately believes everything is fine even though noone knows anything about what happened, or likely ever will until visiting the Oracle again.

I might watch it again just to see if it gets any better. But it just didn't feel like it had the same flavor as the first two. In fact, it felt completely different.

Niobe was hot. Z was hot. Trin was hot. Persephone was hot. Oh... and I want to be Seriph when I grow up. Anyone know where I can get one of those cool jackets?

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trin was the chick with teh shaved head?

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trin = Trinity.

I don't mind a little wierdness... but bald girls don't do it for me.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay - I want to hear what YOU guys thought happened that destroyed Smith. I've heard about three different interpretations of what happened, and they're each pretty good.

I liked the film. It left a lot of the final fate of the Matrix open to interpretation, and I think that's the way they wanted to make it. Giving us a black and white ending to a movie that was at least trying to give us some depth of interpretation was better than laying everything out for us.

Plus, it was what it was meant to be - the end of a bigger film. Most of the development was in the second one, where the first had most of the exposition. Classic movie format, spread out over three movies instead of three acts. I think that that Matrix marathon we had a couple weeks ago really helped, as the Matrix Revolutions was really not meant to stand on its own, to the extent that other trilogy 3rd parters (like Jedi, Back to the Future III or Star Trek IV) were meant to. Like the programs in the Matrix, the film did what they were meant to do and nothing more. Bravo.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

What destroyed Smith... well... it looked like the machine that had plugged Neo in gave him some kind of uber shock that killed him, which also killed the NeoSmith. Somehow that had a chain reaction that killed all the Smiths whilst somehow allowing the host programs to remain intact.

I find in interesting that when the Smiths exploded, it was white light and the shock itself was white. This made me think of the Architecht. Indeed, the machine voice that was talking to Neo sounded alot like the Architecht.

I'm thinking that the Neo's code was inserted into the Matrix as it was meant to be before, but it was inserted through Smith which destroyed him.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

I thought the big porcupine looking Source Robot was the Architect as well.

He said that he and Neo wouldn't meet again but he could have just meant his Matrix Avatar or, like the Oracle said, he could just be shortsighted and was wrong.

Interesting that the Source robot chose a cherubic face, almost like a baby or Buddha in appearance. Not that that really means anything but just an observation.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also possible that this was a varaition of the same old cycle:
the variation being that Neo chooses something other than "saving/ rebuilding Zion when at the Architect's, Smith continues to grow in power as the system tries to balance out Neo's power and, of course, this time the humans in Zion are saved by Neo's deal.
And did you guys notice how bright and clean the Matrix was at the movie's end?
It's grimey and old and overcast before but it's anew begining and possibly a new chance for peace at the end.
I liked that.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

Did you notice that the little girl is responsible for regulating the rising and setting of the Sun and it's light intensity everyday? My old job.

The black cat while they were restarting the Matrix was a nice touch and good continuity with the Deja Vu scene from The Matrix.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since deja vu in the Matrix is typically a result of something that they changed, I think what we saw was really just what the machines see from their POV. They basically rebooted the Matrix with a "discard previous changes", thus erasing the effects of Neo's fight with Smith. Presumably everyone taken over by Smith is back to normal too, and only the programs know something was different and remained where they were when things changed.

Y'know, you really have to think about whose fault this all is. Smith was obstensibly just a normal program at the start, and only started developing his powers when Neo jumped into him - whatever that was. Therefore, Neo's ultimate fate/death/whatever is his own doing, and unfortunately a whole mess of people had to die because of it. On the flipside, the result of the Matrix cycle being proken was a result of the conflict between him and Smith, so...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Therefore, Neo's ultimate fate/death/whatever is his own doing, and unfortunately a whole mess of people had to die because of it.

Man, what a role model!
As things stand now, I'll be lucky to take a couple dozen people with me....

I'm so behind in preparations...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps