Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars Rebels. No colon, hyphen, or comma here. (spoilers in the future) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels. No colon, hyphen, or comma here. (spoilers in the future)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a far better idea would be for the far-flung Empire consolidating power in the wealthy Core systems- drawing in their fleets and making key systems impervious (by SW's standards, anyway) to attack.
That would leave the Outer Rim, Mid-Rim and whatever else to chaos- which the Rebels would have to pull together without the Core systems and their wealth, industry and trade.

They could have made the galaxy a FAR worse place by crippling trade and infrastructure. How many worlds would have been dependant on trade to even feed themselves?
We sure saw Naboo needed trade just to get by.

And not only would the Empire be an ever-present threat, but not all the freed worlds would want to become part of a New Republic.
Certainly the former Seperatist worlds would pass- they lost the war and were crushed when Republic became Empire.

Lastly, you'd get warlords and planetary/system dictatorships- and crime!
Holy shit, you'd have the crimelords expand into the only government in some systems.

Add to alllll that, there might well be a rise in Force users- suppressed through mandatory testing during the Empire- for both light and dark sides.

They could have had a sorta Iraq parallel to match the obvious political overtones Lucas was adding in the prequels.

Instead we get braindead super-comet and an ongoing internet joke. Let me guess- all life on Endor was destroyed by debris from the Death Star?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know where "The New Order" has hidden during the years after Endor, but it's probably far out of the way. I don't think Hamill is Ren, though, they've shown Ren without the mask, walking in snow with Snow Troopers, and he's tall, thin, and wiry. Everything Hamill isn't. rimshot

I hope the actor playing Ren is really good, because so far, for me, the picture makes him look like an angstier version of "The MotherFucker" from Kickass 2.

[ October 09, 2015, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Nim ]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ichabod Crane, Sith Lord.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope he's a new character- in every way. We don't need "Vader lite".
I'd much prefer someone more like Thrawn- that inspires loyalty instead of fear and intimidation.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I hope he's a new character- in every way. We don't need "Vader lite".
I'd much prefer someone more like Thrawn- that inspires loyalty instead of fear and intimidation.

I wish he wasn't a human- hell, I wish got Thrawn!

I'd settle for something exotic....I'd love to see a Sith wookie. Or Min Cal- those big eyes corrupted by the dark side...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps