Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Starfleet Command: ONLINEgaming

Author Topic: Starfleet Command: ONLINEgaming
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone here play SFC:ONLINE??

Well.. I jumped on the online bandwagon yesterday to take advantage of my Cable mdm speed, and I play against other Starfleet Command junkies, and it was pretty good.

I go to MPlayer.com to connect with other SFC players, and it usually Star Trek mayhem before getting into a game.

MPlayer.com is one HUGE chat room, that you go to to talk to your fellow SFC guys. You have to engage them into playing half the time:

"Hey, anyone up for a game or what??!!"

You host your own room ... choose the type of game, (I believe you have about 8 or 9 different parameters you can set the game to) .. then you launch the game.

ONce launched .. it takes an awefully long time to load up. But once connected, you are fighting head to head against the other SFC fanatics .. and I find the simulation battle much more satisfying then playing against the computer.

WARNING: If you do not have a cable mdm, or high speed connection ... You're in for some hard time, as the game has to update, once you get in MPlayer.com. The download is automatic (tho' it does warn you) but even with the cbl mdm, it took almost 20 minutes ...

My ping at MPlayer.com was average 45ms ... which kicked ass compared to my Star Trek compatriots.. they were averaging out at 245ms - some exceeding 1000ms .. so.

I tried Heat.net .. found it too confusing. MPlayer.com comes packaged with SFC and is easy and comprehensive..

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!! :)

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps