Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » If someone doesn't drive, do you believe they are penalized in the United States? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If someone doesn't drive, do you believe they are penalized in the United States?
Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
double post!
------------------
It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.

[This message was edited by Orion Syndicate on April 22, 1999.]

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay! I was just IN San Francisco for the past 5 days on my choir trip, and people there complain about the BART system! They (people we visited) said it's worse than L.A.'s public transportation! As one choir director put it, "at least when you get on the bus in L.A., you know you're going to get to your destination."

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ziyal, HA! I love the BART, that's all I've got to say.

------------------
To make an apple pie from scratch, we must first invent the universe.

~Carl Sagan

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay, everyone love Bart!

------------------
'Sir, you've been ordered not to take Polermo'

'Ring General HQ, ask them if they want me to give it back'.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LA's public transportation is really nifty
We are using a lot of natural gas buses now....woohoo!

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the UK is now has the most expensive petrol in the world.

I get a train to uni, but drive to the station. Lazy me.

------------------
'Those are the headlines. Happy now?'
-Chris Morris.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The price of petrol here is absurd, 78.9p per litre? But I suppose the government ministers probably claim the petrol from the public coffers as expenses so it won't affect those miserable gits.

------------------
It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Litre? Petrol? Gits? Coffers? It's like Mary Poppins all over again!

Is there a large "queue" to get on the "lorry" that takes you to the "fish and chips" "shoppe"?

And YES, I realize that people standing in line to get on a truck would attract a few odd stares. That's the point, see?

------------------
"It was sweet, like lead paint's sweet, but the aftereffects left me paralyzed."
--
They Might Be Giants

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wpuld love to see the version of Mary Poppins that SOl has got where they measure stuff in 'litres'*

------------------
'Those are the headlines. Happy now?'
-Chris Morris.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps