Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The lunar eclipse tomorrow... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The lunar eclipse tomorrow...
Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes tomorrow, there will be a lunar eclipse, it will start around 11:05pm eastern time, and will peak around 11:44pm eastern time. here is a web page with info on this eclipse and on eclipses in general......

http://www.msnbc.com/news/356781.asp

------------------
"Hey you...you talkin to me?"
"Show me your steel"
"I will show you my iron claw technique!"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*attempts to summon enthusiasm*
woo-hoo

I'm sorry but this is from 0300 to 0630 GMT on Friday, and it'll be cloudy over the UK in any event, so I really don't plan to get worked up about it.

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

[This message has been edited by Montgomery (edited January 20, 2000).]

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grins* Something witchy this way comes......

J/K.

I'll be working during the eclipse, so i'm not sure i'll be able to go out and see it. And I won't be able to take part in all the cool rituals involved with lunar eclipses, either. *pouts*

------------------
"Permasuck, by Froboz Electric: 'We don't just make things that suck, we make things that suck, PERMANENTLY.'"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given that it's overcast and snowing here at the moment... not much enthusiasm is possible on my end.

However, I will be working to keep the evil dragon from eating the Moon.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've been having typically frustrating winter weather here in NM. Clear, sunny skies with the high temps in the 70s with night-time lows hovering around freezing.

I may attempt to view the eclipse. It should be visible around 9:00 p.m. here. I'd better wear a jacket, though.

--Baloo

------------------
"Politicians and diapers should be changed regularly, for the same reason."
--(Unknown)
Come Hither and Yawn...

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be just getting home from the bowling alley, about that time, but the forcast is for clouds and snow. God, how I hate snow.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*applauds* Yay! I'm not the only one!

------------------
"Hello darkness my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again....." ~Simon & Garfunkle, The Sound of Silence

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will also not be allowed to see it due to clouds.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot, it just started snowing here a bit ago, and there's no signs it's going to stop, either.

------------------
"Permasuck, by Froboz Electric: 'We don't just make things that suck, we make things that suck, PERMANENTLY.'"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ARrrrrgh - give me some snow please! It was 40 degrees celcius here yesterday - and no doubt it'll be somewhere around that temp today... to be exact the temperature reached 39.1 - the highest January temp in Brisbane since records were started to be taken...

Andrew

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clear skies near Chicago, where the Lunar Eclipse is half an hour away. The moon is high in the sky, and VERY BRIGHT. I almost want to call the moon Lucifer (Space Odyssey reference). I'll tell you what it looks like after it turns bright red at 9:05 CST

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed that the moon has been very bright for the last couple of nights - even though its a full moon... I put it down to clear skys - is there an actual reason?

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can't see the moon here in Los Angeles. There is a cloud cover over the city...ah maybe it's the smog cover...

------------------
Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling, I need to walk in
Tell me why I can't be there where you are
There's something missing in my heart

-Backstreet Boys

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should study meteorology like me. There are always clouds.

And I can lie on my back in a summer field and watch them float by, claiming I'm studying.

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice racket to get into Monty!!

We did have total cloud cover here last night. It was 11 degrees this morning. BRRRRRRRR!!!!!

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps