Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My Killer Dog

Author Topic: My Killer Dog
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own a 20-pound mutt with white curly hair, which I adopted from the Humane Society.

Yesterday at 8:30 pm pst, I was letting my dog inside for the night (he sleeps in the laundry room). Once inside, he dropped off a small black mass of something, still moving. I screamed for half a second. Then I realized it was a bird, injured. I kicked the dog out the door and checked on the bird. It is the size of a sparrow but has black and white feathers, and one of its legs was almost broken off (you can see the exposed bone). My mom wrapped a stick around its broken leg to try to help it (she's a nurse), and now it's lying in a box in my kitchen.

This is the second time this happened. The first time I found my dog outside one day, playing with a dead bird. This bird (the second one) had lost half of its feathers when my dog brought it in. My mom said it probably lost them before my dog found it, or else my amazingly stupid dog would never have caught it.

Update: I went to check on the bird before I finished this post. It was chirping loudly and moving around when I got home from school earlier, but now it lies stretched out and motionless, with its eyes closed. *sigh* Rest in peace.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*moment of silence for the bird*

------------------
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to understanding with the soft whisper of wisdom. Some people come into our lives, show us love then dissappear, leaving footprints on our hearts... and we are never the same again."

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Silence*

*Thinks "poor birdy."*

---

Then goes to turn on Wild Discovery which goes something like this:

"As we see the lion pack after it's kill gorging on the downed zebra, the circle of life is now complete."

Ooooo, nature is so cool.

------------------
Mine is the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smites Jay*

Only I'm allowed to do nature commentaries round here. . . B(

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*idly starts allocating forum members animal personas*

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I was thinking of it in your best BBC voice.

------------------
Mine is the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps