Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Great One... 1979-1999 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Great One... 1979-1999
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*spreads prayer blanket out on Forums so all the Canadians can weep together*

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best guy to ever play.

Depending on who u ask.

I think so.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You talking about Gretzky? Bah...

------------------
"I prefer much more diplomatic ways of pissing people off."
-a certain anonymous administrator

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm lost....what happened?

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, he retired. Even _I_ knew that, and I've watched three whole games of hockey in my LIFE.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First Jordan, now Gretzky...... who's next?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen TV since Easter.

------------------

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheesh, when I saw the title I thought somebody had died.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That year Gretzky played for the Blues, it was his fault we lost out on the playoffs. Idiot... :-)

------------------
"Somebody put their fingers in the President's ears; it wasn't too much later they came out with Johnson's wax."
-They Might Be Giants, "Purple Toup�e"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really have nothing to say here, but I wanted to juxtapose a classic TMBG quote with one of their newest.

Shoot, score, Bobby Orr!

------------------
"I'm sick, like Nixon was sick, my defeated heart keeps beating on. I won't die, like Chucky won't die."
--
They Might Be Giants

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Ice hockey (not hockey!) is an excuse to fight and hit something with a stick without prosecution :P

Of course, hockey (grass hockey) is an excuse for posh people to drink and F**K their brains out AND hit something with a stick without prosecution.

In fact I'd go as far as to say football (the soccer type) is an excuse to kick people.

All the above written in good fun of course.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
F**K their brins out? In a grass hockey game? What kind of sport IS this? And where's the nearest league?

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

*LOL* American Football is also legalized violence. You get to collide with people, knock them down, tackle them, run them over, etc.

That's why I love it so much.

------------------

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I wasn't talking about the matches themselves, but about the parties in the f.. er.. club house.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*whacks Tora Ziyal with a hockey stick for her comment*

I don't think Gretzky got involved in any fight. The reason why he is so popular is because of his love for the sport, the things he can do, and the things he can abstain from getting into, such as fights, and the such.......

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps