Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Drain Bread... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Drain Bread...
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TLE: I'm sure Elim and Cureboy would share the brian that they are already sharing.

1stof2: The brain you have in a jar, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's abbey somebody isn't it?

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that was in either Roald Dahl's Tales of the Unexpected, or Switch Bitch. about a woman who kept her husband's brain alive in a jar. With an eye attached. And then smoked in his direction. Tsk, some women eh?

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I was sharing Core/Deep6's brain. But it could be Cureboy.
Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a "Where's Core/Deep6 (is that his name here?) thread posted? He's been gone what, 3 months now? I wonder where he is hiding.

------------------
Admin at the trekbbs.com

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i finaly read the article it just does not sound right.

I believe that most humans use about 40 to 50% of their brain at one time, this is primarily for consious thought and sub-consious. And the other half is used to maintain the body.

Becuase if some one were to consiously use all 100% it could possibly cause a synaptic overload seriously damaging or killing the person. Or at least thats my theory. It sounds a alot more plausible than the 10% theory.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The old Liam would burst out into song right about now, teaching us all about the mysterious ways of the human brain set to a charming yet slightly baudy melody.

The new Liam...I don't know, raps about computers or somesuch.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*slobbers, zombie-style*

BRAINS!!!!!

*switches to Pythonesque E.F. Gumby*

MY BRAIN HURTS! SORRY! I! Believe! In! Peace! And! Bashing! Bricks! Together!

*switches to internalized brain neuron dialogue*
It's NOT WORKING!
AHH! Humor Failure!
Quick! Switch to backup systems!
Boooooooooooooop! Testing.. is this thing on?
Whadda we do now??
I don't Know!!! Make him sing?

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts....

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol, Pinky and the Brain beat me too it.

Although I did compose a song called "The brain: Great big soggy shit innit?" Didn't sell well.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps