Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Windas 98

Author Topic: Windas 98
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warning - Some of the language in this post may be considered a little coarse. If you are offended by such a thing, do not read this.

Subject: Windas98 - For all Maritimers
To all Bluenosers, so pass it on to your Maritime friends!
Notice from Microsoft:

It has come to our attention that a few copies of the Nova Scotia/Newfoundland version of Windows 98 may have accidentally been shipped outside that area. If you have one of these Editions you may need some help understanding the commands. The "East Coast" Edition may be recognized by looking at the opening screen. It reads WINDAS 98 with a background picture of a Cod fish
superimposed on a slice of baloney. It is shipped with a Jimmy Flynn screen saver (Newfoundland versions only) (Nova Scotia versions were shipped with alternating Rita MacNeil/Anne Murray screen savers).

As well, disks were packaged in a Windas 98 Sou'wester. Also note the "Recycle Bin" is labeled "Frenchies".
"My Computer" is called "Dis godamned allmighty ting".
"Dialup Networking" is called "trawling".
"Control Panel" is known as the "de other godamned almighy ting".
"Hard Drive" is referred to as "4-Wheel Drive."
"Floppies" are "Dem Jesus Little tings."
Other features: Instead of an Error Message you get a pick-up truck, covered with a garbage bag and duct tape and full of broken lobster traps.

Terminology:
OK = right some good.
Cancel = oh bigod no.
Reset = oh my oh my.
Yes = wha.
No = christ 'n jesus mighty no.
Find = ecum secum.
Go to = goin' down.
Back = arse side.
Help = lord tunderin jesus bye.
Stop = cod end.
Start = anchors away.

Also note that Windas 98 does not recognize capital letters, punctuation marks, spelling or grammar. As well, half the time, it won't work. We regret any inconvenience it may have caused if you received a copy of the "East Coast" Edition. You may return it to Microsoft for a replacement version. Although, I can't for the life of me, figure out why anyone would want to return it, after all it is an genuine real right some good East Coast ting.

Thank you.

May yer cod end be full.
Bill Gates

PS..........There are still looking for the Alberta and West Coast Edition!!!!

------------------
Ross: "Inter arma, enim silent leges."
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"
-Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*mutters, shakes head*

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get it. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

------------------
690 consecutive rejections by women since January 1993.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen the "Winders98" for hillbillys and Rednecks.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that's the "Texas version". :-)

------------------
Lisa: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
Bart: "Not if you called them 'stench blossoms'..."
-The Simpsons

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're Canadian, you should get this easily. Espaecially if you have ever watched Roayl Canadian Air Farce or This Hour Has 22 Minutes.

------------------
"You're right. They wouldn't be able to see anything but the top of your head. The glare could blind them."
-B'Ellana Torres, Virtuoso

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can this explain why, in her new song, Celine Dion seems to be singing a lot about some strange thing called "Lahurve?"

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

Why can't anybody but french people pronounce it right? It's Le Havre. It's a port city in France, very similar to Saint John.

------------------
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux, in Celine Dion's song "That's the Way it Is," she is not singing Lahurve or Le Harve. She is saying "love." If you imagine and twist the sounds enough, you'll realize that she is saying "love." Um, maybe y'all should just trust me on this.

------------------
690 consecutive rejections by women since January 1993.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Oops. Sorry. I guess I'm just a little P.O.'ed at one of the vice-principals at my school always pronouncing Le Havre wrong in the announcements...

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's nothing compared to how Bjork pronounces the word. "Loo.....AAAuave."

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps