Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The 8+ hour TrekSunday has ended. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The 8+ hour TrekSunday has ended.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's about ten after midnight, Eastern US time, and TrekSunday has just ended. According to what Frank told me, that beats the old record by ten minutes. Yipee. :-)

I'm also proud to say that I was present for just under six hours of the chat. Or maybe that's a bad thing. Yes, I believe my brain is melting...

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I was there for the entire chat. Well, except when that AI took over for me.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This song is dedicated to everyone in the audience tonight...WITH ONE EYE!" - John Linnell

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could go to TrekSunday chats - but its Monday mornings for me.

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*slowly backs away from Frank and TSN*

*gets to the door and runs*

------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying."
Woody Allen

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::beats Jeff to the door and locks him inside with TSN and Frank::

There's only room for one of us in the escape pod, and, frankly, I paid the security deposit for it!

------------------
690 consecutive rejections by women since January 1993.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, our escape pods launch on the same principle as the warp core ejects, so don't expect to be going very far... :-)

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eight hours? And Frank was there the whole time? I don't know if I should be amazed at such a feat, or disturbed.

Wait, it's the latter. *Shudders*.

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh.... If I wasn't busy doing graphics stuff, more graphics stuff, working two jobs, work stuff, ethics stuff, getting a job stuff, and trying to appease half the world while keeping my slow grip on health and sanity, I'd prolly have been there.

But still... EIGHT HOURS?! .... Gaaaahhh.

------------------
"You say don't fear your dreams, it's easier than it seems.
You say you'd never let me fall, from hopes so high.
But never is a promise, and you can't afford to lie." - Fiona Apple

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that ethics stuff part of your uni stuff Jubes? Or do you have to devote time to not blackmailing people or something.

I was there for a few hours. And managed to talk about comics for 75% of the time, and South Park for the rest.

How many of those 8 hours included Star Trek talk, eh?

------------------
"I'd give anything to be able to turn invisible. I wouldn't use my powers to beat people up, but use them to protect the girl's locker room."

Xander Harris

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, it couldn't have been more than the first couple hours. I don't recall Trek being mentioned at all during the nearly-six hours that I was there... *L*

------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if there was no Trek, there better damn well have been some curry at some point.

------------------
Samaritan: "A good hot curry will help heal your wounds. That is, unless your religion forbids it".

Man: (Eyes growing wide) "No religion forbids a good hot curry".

-From some movie.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8 Hours without curry? That's un-possible!

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of curry, does anyone have any (simple) recipes? A friend of mine made some curried rice and curry chicken a few weeks ago, and I don't know any of the ingredients except curry and rice (or chicken, depending on the dish).

Any help offered will be gratefully accepted.

--Baloo

------------------
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
-- William Pitt
Come Hither and Yawn...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Actually, I'm pretty sure there wasn't any curry during the time I was there, either.

But it wasn't my fault. It was the first one I had been to in a very long time. I'm out of practice. :-)

------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*holds up the ceremonial whacking-log of curry to Daryus*

------------------
"I object to all this sex on the television. I mean, I keep falling off!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps