Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My Home Town (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Home Town
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born, Bombay India.
Umm, lived there, moved to Australia.
Live in Melbourne.
Story of my life.

------------------
'Sir, you've been ordered not to take Polermo'

'Ring General HQ, ask them if they want me to give it back'.

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for myself, I'm from Kelowna, British Columbia, on the shores of Okanagan Lake. Home of the Ogopogo. And one of the longest floating bridges in North America. But for the past few years I've been studying at the University of British Columbia here in Vancouver.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born in Glasgow, Scotland;
Still there now, but soon I will learn if my escape plans are viable....

BTW, Caldos colony in "sub Rosa"?
It's nothing like that.

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siegen, Germany
Attractions:
- Siegen - the place for concrete lovers
- Krombacher Brauerei (I know the beer is available in the USA, try it)
- 110m tall autobahn bridge
- birthplace of Peter Paul Rubens (you know, he painted those fat women)
- first exhibition of another famous painter named Paul (I think I will open a separate thread for this extraordinary event)
- my website

------------------
I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer. (McCoy in "Devil in the Dark")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1970: Born Caracas, Venezuela

1971: Move to Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo, Brasil (bit vague about this)

1971: Move to Bexley Heath, Kent, UK

1975: Move to New Delhi, India

1978: Bathgate, Scotland

1978: Accra, Ghana

1980: Boarding school near Haywards Heatch, West Sussex, UK - there except holidayds until 1989

1982: Move to Burgess Hill, UK

1985: Rio de Janeiro again

1988: Burgess Hill again

1989: Brussels, Belgium

1989: Newcastle University (people there ask me "where I'm from." Never did figure out a short answer)

1993: Leave Brussels, back to Burgess Hill

1994: Leave Uni, ditto. . .

1996: Brussels (work), then back to B Hill

1999: Move to Haywards Heath.

Home town, shmome town. . .

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez... You can't even give a continent when people ask where you're from! Might as well just say "Earth"... :-)

As for me, I've lived my entire life in Webster Groves, Missouri, just outside St. Louis. And I mean just outside. The only town between Webster and the city limits is Shrewsbury, and I don't think it's much more than a mile across, if that much. :-)

------------------
"I'm not stubborn. I'm just right."
-me

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah man!

"Lee Kelly - International Man of Mystery!"

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

From Burnaby, Canada but I like to claim I am from Vancouver, which is like a bus ride away.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Wheelersburg, OH. It is on the Ohio River, two hours south of Columbus off of U.S. 23 South.

Its only claim to fame is Gene Bennett; the famous scout of the Cinncinnati Reds who brought most the Big Red Machine together. Former Ohio Speaker of the House Vern Riffe lived here all his life. That's it except a few high school state championships!

------------------
Anyone remember how they felt the day after Rich Mullins died?

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born in Rhode Island, USA.
Raised in Groton/New London, Connecticut, USA
Moved to Jewett City, Connecticut about 8 years ago...
Am currently in College in Massachusetts ...

Hope to someday live in CA.

------------------
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to understanding with the soft whisper of wisdom. Some people come into our lives, show us love then dissappear, leaving footprints on our hearts... and we are never the same again."

LB4747
Ex-Member

I was born in Manila, the Philippines, but I was raised and still live in New York City. For the past 3 years, I've spent part of the year living with my parents and younger brother overseas -- in 1996 and 1997 in the Philippines, and last year (and later this year) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia where they currently live.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
The important thing is not to stop questioning."
--Albert Einstein

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live on a hill overlooking the "town" of Granger, Washington. I was born in a hospital a handful of miles away. I went to school in Granger. I'm going to college in Yakima, a handful of miles in the other direction. I will continue to eke out an existence here until the cold hand of eternal night touchs my shoulder, at which point my corpse will no doubt find a comfy earthen home in Zillah, which is, yes, a handful of miles away.

------------------
"It was sweet, like lead paint's sweet, but the aftereffects left me paralyzed."
--
They Might Be Giants

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I currently reside in Washington Terrace, Utah. Its about 45 minutes north of Salt Lake, but still within a stones throw of Galen's house.

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://beam.to/readyroom

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

Trinculo
Ex-Member

I live in Walnut Creek, a city east of San Francisco about 30 miles, and in a year I plan to live in the triangle of Philadelphia-Baltimore-Washington DC.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps