Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Maybe He didn't like the food

Author Topic: Maybe He didn't like the food
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Los Angeles Times runs a monthly list of restaurants closed by the county health department. Among the list for January was this one.

Name: Thank God Express
Address: 1906 W 3rd St, Los Angeles
Closed: 1/4
Reopened: 1/6
Codes: M, N

M - Vermin infestation
N - Failure to prevent entrance and harboring of vermin

I'm sure that God loves vermin too, although it seems that that argument didn't go over with the inspectors.

------------------
Ohh, so Mother Nature needs a favor? Well maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts, and plagues and poison monkeys. Nature started the fight for survival and now she wants to quit because she's losing...well I say "Hard Cheese"!
~C. Montgomery Burns

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps "vermin" was referring to the clientele?

------------------
Dane

"Let mental culture go on advancing, let the natural sciences progress in even greater extent and depth, and the human mind widen itself as much as it desires: beyond the elevation and moral
culture of Christianity, as it shines forth in the Gospels, it will not go."
Goethe

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the complete list of things you can get closed for.

THE VIOLATIONS
A - Immediate danger to public health or safety
B - Contaminated food
C - Improper food preparation
D - Unsafe food temperatures
E - Unprotected food
F - Improper food storage
G - Improper employee hygiene
H - No hand-washing facilities
I - Improper dishwashing method
J - Unsanitary equipment
K - Gross contamination of utensils and/or equipment
L - Use of non-approved equipment
M - Vermin infestation
N - Failure to prevent entrance and harboring of vermin
O - No potable water supply or no hot water
P - Sewage system failure
Q - No toilet facilities
R - Dirty walls and ceilings
S - Damaged or dirty floors
T - Improper storage or use of hazardous substances
U - Improper garbage or rubbish disposal
V - Unauthorized animal in food establishment
W - Insufficient ventilation
X - Lack of a fully enclosed structure
Y - No public health permit
Z - No plans submitted

Now, I ask you, if you get closed "Immediate danger to public health or safety" why would you re-open?

------------------
Ohh, so Mother Nature needs a favor? Well maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts, and plagues and poison monkeys. Nature started the fight for survival and now she wants to quit because she's losing...well I say "Hard Cheese"!
~C. Montgomery Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Harboring of vermin"?

inspector: "I smell a rat..."
owner: *jumps in front of a door* "He's not in here!"

And, regarding code R... You can get closed for dirty walls and ceilings, but the floor can be as filthy as you like? :-)

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Floors are code S.

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I smell a dirty rat. And that's two code violations at least"

------------------
Admin at the trekbbs.com

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited February 25, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: Oh. Right. I, uh... I was testing everyone. See if you were paying attention. And you were. Keep up the good work. :-)

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under that code, all "Lone Star" steak houses should be closed, for dirty floors.

(They serve you peanuts in the shell, you are supposed to throw the shells in the floor. The first time I went into one, I left after a couple of minutes, the place was filthy.)

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is even Lone Star Steakhouses in Australia - although I've never been to one.

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Well, there are places around here that do the same thing....somehow I think that peanut shells crushed on the floor (which are supposed to be there as part of the general decore) is quite a bit different than fetid water puddles or sticky food particles all over the place.

"Watch out for the moldy cheese there on the floor sir."

Bad.

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps