Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The health benefits of smoking...

Author Topic: The health benefits of smoking...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you'd suspect that inhaling large amounts of nicotine, carbon monoxide, and other combustion byproducts would be uniformly bad for you, but apparently there are some (slight) health benefits.

Observe: http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_096.html

It's comforting to know that when I'm undergoing chemotherapy several years from now, that while my body is failing, my mind will still be as sharp as ever.

------------------
"As for language, almost everything goes now. That is not to say that verbal taboos have disappeared, but merely that they have shifted somewhat. In my youth, for example, there were certain words you couldn't say in front of a girl; now you can say them, but you can't say 'girl'."
-- Professor Tom Lehrer [interview]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. And if you mix antibiotics w/ your cyanide, at least you won't have any infections when you die...

------------------
me: "I need a new sig..."
CC: "Well create one."
-why I don't have a real signature

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if that doesn't beat all. And they said cost was going up because they were bad for you.

------------------
Well I'm a Bada$$ cowboy living in a cowboy day wicky-wicky-wak yo yo bang bang
me and Artemus Clydefrog go save Selma Hayek from the big metal spider
Wicky-wicky-wak wicky-wicky-wicky-wak
Bada$$ cowboy from the West Si-yiide

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pish and tosh. Smoking's bad for you. Live with it.

Still looks fucking cool though...

------------------
"Sometimes I wish the planet would be scoured with cleansing fire. Other times I just wish Frank would be."
Sol System

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps