Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » LOTR thread - offence!

Author Topic: LOTR thread - offence!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand your reasons...

but to call the LOTR Sci-Fi is... well an offence.

there is no Fantasy forum... so... well... I put it here oh well... still can't wait for the film

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sol, he's got a point...

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond, UB Student

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. That's why I had left the thread here. But, it's already been moved, and I don't feel like moving it back, so... *shrug*

------------------
"Good. I'll look forward to your report, Mr. Broccoli."
-Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, TNG: "Hollow Pursuits"

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More threads for me! Bwahahahaha!

Although I doubt CC will ever make a seperate Fantasy forum, maybe if/when Flare II rolls around, he could make General Sci-Fi into a General Sci-Fi/Fantasy Forum. After all, that's what it basically is right now...

------------------
"Time is but a window. Death is but a door. I'll be back."

- Vigo the Carpathian, Ghostbusters II.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made my decision based on precedent, not opinion. If you have a problem with it, it is your own fault for not decrying the several earlier threads dealing specifically with the upcoming Lord of the Rings film that have appeared in the General SF Discussion forum in the past.

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOAH! Sol!... here are some extra *SMILEY FACES*

*cough*
*seesh*

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologize if I sounded a bit strident.

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if people didn't even notice the thread in the GSF Forum, maybe that's all the more reason to have them elsewhere... :-)

------------------
"Good. I'll look forward to your report, Mr. Broccoli."
-Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, TNG: "Hollow Pursuits"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, under that logic, EVERY thread would take place either here or in the Flameboard.

Still, while LOTR isn't sci-fi, it has reminded me of one of my (many) bugbears. The fact that NOTHING today is sci-fi, according to it's producers.

"No, it's space-opera!"
"No, it's an exploration into the human condition set in the future"
"It's a mythical tale involving a big black obelix and lots of very, very, very, very dull shots of heads".

At the currect rate, by 2005 the only thing classed as sci-fi will be Star Trek and season 5 of Red Dwarf.

------------------
"Sometimes I wish the planet would be scoured with cleansing fire. Other times I just wish Frank would be."
Sol System

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps