Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Name that Song!

Author Topic: Name that Song!
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again, I need a song identified. I got the midi, but don't know where its from. Can anyone help?
www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~rar1/fourssns.mid

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and have lived to tell about it." Sideshow Bob

[This message has been edited by Jeff Raven (edited April 15, 2000).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like something from Bruno. Has ol' Brucie picked up the mike again?
I don't know, muzak ain't my game.
The name reveals "Four Seasons", that could get you far if you know how to search da web.

------------------
-At least I can get it up without biomechanical pumps.
-Try falling into a pit of lava, Moffy. Then see how horny you feel.

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited April 15, 2000).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Four seasons is just the file name my friend gave it. He doesn't know where it came from either.

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and have lived to tell about it." Sideshow Bob

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Here's another song I've been trying to find as well. I only know its tune, and this is a wav of me whistling it. I know its an 80's song, so if you can help me out, please do.

tatooine.fortunecity.com/thx1138/382/misc/test.wav

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*listens to the first one and pretends he's in an elevator, or on the phone and on hold* But, no, I have no idea what it is.

The second one sounds slightly familiar, but I'm not sure of it, either.

------------------
"Compared to you, every male on this ship is an expert on women!"
-Geordi LaForge to Wesley Crusher, TNG: "Sarek"

an'on
Member # 222

- posted      Profile for an'on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff,

Would the second song happen to be Steve Perry's "Oh Sherry"?

*continues to work on the first one* Remember hearing it on the radio alot.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Yes! That's the second song!! Woo!

------------------

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jeez, Song One sounds familiar. Sorry, I don't know the artist or name, but I've got a hunch that the original is an instrumental: no lyrics
an'on
Member # 222

- posted      Profile for an'on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I am of the belief that the first song is an instrumental, at least in it's most popular form, which makes it harder to track down. It's one of those instrumentals that djs use just before the top or bottom of the hour when they don't have enough time for a full song. One can clip it off when the news or weather arrives, and no one will notice that it was cut off midsong. Because it is used most frequently in this manner, the one often does not hear the title or artist announced.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps