Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Kenneth Ho (1983-2000)

Author Topic: Kenneth Ho (1983-2000)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my cousins living in Edmonton passed away last Wednesday after a long battle with Leukemia. He was 16

To the best of my knowledge, he was diagnosed with the disease 2 years ago. And even though his younger brother donated bone marrow in order to save his brother's life, his efforts were in vain. I can only imagine the pain and suffering of not only my Aunt and Uncle, but also little Isaac, knowing that he not only lost a close brother, but that he tried to save his life, only to fail.

I never really knew Kenneth or Isaac. Last time I saw them was five years ago when Ken was 11 and Isaac was 6. They came over from Edmonton for a 3 week vacation. One of the things that I remember was that Ken accidently bashed my father with a baseball bat. Part of me feels sorry for yelling at him that day, saying it was a very stupid mistake.

A second part of me feels bad for not getting to know him well enough, for I never thought one of my cousins would be fallen by this disease. Finally, the third part of me feels bad of not being able to be there at his funeral. You see, my mother got the call yesterday, the day of the funeral. My Grandfather was trying to get a hold of them on Thursday. And because of a very strange Chinese Tradition, we were never invited to the funeral.

Alas, poor Kenneth....... I barely knew ya.........

:-/

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited April 16, 2000).]

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Commiserations on your loss Tahna.

[This message has been edited by Gaseous Anomaly (edited April 16, 2000).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bows head in silence*

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and have lived to tell about it." Sideshow Bob

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is something else: I never knew that Kenneth had Leukemia in the first place. So his death was somewhat of a shock to me.

This is a result of bad feelings between my mom and her sister (Kenneth's mom). Somehow, I feel that I have been denied the right to know about this.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps