Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » 20 Questions (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 20 Questions
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that spotted dick is a food. It's a type of bread-like thing. It was in the movie King Ralph (yes, I saw it in the theaters).

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that movie in the theatres too, oddly enough...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Ultra Magnus: "I know you're bored, Rodimus, but with the mantle of leadership comes obligations."
Rodimus Prime: "I don't suppose I could interest you in a used mantle?"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They never explained it in the movie. Just what the heck is spotted dick anyhow?

--Baloo

------------------
It's human nature to want to know things, and also human nature to think they're not very interesting when you find out.
--CECIL ADAMS

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. You can't count that high.

2. For the answer to this question, I refer you to this other thread.

3. I think so. What do you think?

4. I have heard unconfirmed rumors that it will be.

5. I don't know how many, but must admit that I am not one of those who have.

6. See the answer to the previous question.

7. I don't know how many, but must admit that I became rather bored with the Transformers many years ago.

8. Not me.

9. SMEG? SMEG?? SMEG?!? SMEG!!!

Oops. Sorry. Got carried away.

10. I don't know, and to paraphrase Desmond Morris "Homo Sapiens is the sexiest ape on the planet". Look it up if you want to know what he meant. Education's good for you (and usually nontoxic).

11. See the answer to the previous question.

12. Charles posts in the "Runs the bulletin board" forum. Access is restricted to the Grand Poo-Bah of administrators. Essentially, he talks to himself.

(Hmmm... This might explain a few things.)

13. Apparently you suffer from triskadecaphobia. Although that was not a question, now that you mention it, TSN's butt does look big in that.

14. I am in possession of numerous boards with nails in them. Whether any of them is THE board with a nail in it is subject to debate.

15. I would guess that you ran out of fingers and toes at that point.

16. I have no idea. You will have to ask one of the obsess... er... experts on that matter.

17. I saw the sun yesterday (it was overcast today). I saw living things just a few minutes ago (my wife & baby went to bed).

18. We like to know how big things are. Since our brains have fewer connections between the left and right hemispheres, we have to be impressed by simple things or the processing time becomes too great, our brains overheat, and neurons begin shutting down to reduce the system overload.

At least we aren't obsessed with our looks (as any examination of a construction site amply illustrates).

19. I happen to like cars. When we are between the ages of 6 and 10, most of us males know perfectly well that we are weak and powerless compared to all the adults around us. Cars are a symbol of power and freedom that appeals to most young boys, and there is no strong social stigma attached to this obsession. Hence, we retain this affliction throughout life.

From personal experience, sometimes knowing something about cars will convince someone not to beat you up (this sort of situation generally happens in high school). Therefore, car knowledge is a survival trait and perhaps is an unrecognized secondary sexual characteristic.

20. What? He's back?

------------------
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Well, I don't know Baloo, so I wouldn't know his siblings.

2. o_O Pleurm.

3. Most likely.

4. Let me answer that question by posing another: Banner Contest!?

5. I think a better question would be, "Who hasn't seen the "Charles with half-eaten pastry" picture?"......*LOL*

6. Ick. I haven't. And I don't think I wanna.

7. Hmmm?

8. Not me.

9. SMEG.

10. Interrogation? What?

11. Threads turn sexual? I thought they turn violent. :-P

12. Charles dabbles in every thread. I don't know how he keeps up......absent-mindedly perhaps?

13. Where did TSN's butt come into this??

14. *eyes everyone suspiciously*

15. O�o

16. Nothing! :-D

17. Well.....my memory goes back about a month. And then there's his HAZE. After the HAZE, I have no memory of the Sun or living things; before the HAZE, I have no memory of anything. :-)

18. I have no obsession with size...

19. CARS RULE!!!!!!! =)

20. Umm......

------------------
post by ��Cody�� the Insane One :-)

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmmmm.......Spotted Dick......

For yo info:

Delicious spongy-kind of a dumpling, full of raisins, and served steaming hot and with golden syrup poured over its sweet bready goodness.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. three, definitely three, Lita
2. I'm not sure, but if I can sign up, I will
3. Sure
4. I'll Judge it if you want
5. No
6. No, but that sounds interesting.

7. Three
8. I haven't seen that in years

9. NO

10. Because it's fun

11. See 10

12. I dunno

13. Huh?
14. Isn't that jimmy from Ed, Edd and Eddy?
15. Boredom?

16. The size matters more, because it's proportionate
17. A millisecond ago.
18. see 16
19. Yes, for reasons already known

20. 4

------------------
For those of you who are interested...Forget it, I'm taken!!!

CaptSershek
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To quote Shakespeare in Henry V...."Once more unto the breach, dear friends" I am going to attempt to answer these questions. Here goes nothing.

1. I was unaware that Baloo had cousins.

2. As I recall, The Pompatus of Love was in a Steve Miller song as well as a movie with Jon Cryer.

3. No more perverted than the rest of us.

4. Unknown......not my department

5. Not I

6. Not I.....although that one sounds intriguing

7. I generally do not visit the CapComs...too busy elsewhere.

8. never did

9. Red Dwarf reference....all round curse word

10. I volunteer, but as a relative newbie...I could be a clean slate....as far as sexual....nothing wrong with that.

11. The nature of the beast.

12. I have seen most of his posts at the incoming hail section...which is logical for our big cheese.

13. Can not comment due to lack of evidence.

14. See #13

15. Perhaps you wanted to see what sick twisted individuals (or collectives) actually post here...just a thought.

16. For making starship comparison charts a little easier and to make a frame of reference for those to whom make starship charts and the like.

17. I take walks on a regular basis. Great for clearing out the stuff in the head.

18. Macho competition to be better in the perspective females' eyes.

19. They are...I just want one that gets me to point A to point B,C,D as nessesary.

20. Never say never........

------------------
Remember when we used to be explorers? - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - Star Trek Insurrection

[This message was edited by CaptSershek on May 02, 1999.]

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps