Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » In the Navy

Author Topic: In the Navy
Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know i have no posted here for a while. Anyways i just swore in the navy and leave in september.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy. My father was in the navy. He loved it

------------------
Well I'm a Bada$$ cowboy living in a cowboy day wicky-wicky-wak yo yo bang bang
me and Artemus Clydefrog go save Selma Hayek from the big metal spider
Wicky-wicky-wak wicky-wicky-wicky-wak
Bada$$ cowboy from the West Si-yiide

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad was in the Navy for 20 years. What are you going to be, enlisted or officer? Being 18 I get mail from the military all the time, today I got a recuitment letter from the Department of the Army. Though if I went in, it'd have to be officer for the higher pay and more respect.

------------------
"Tigers are mean! Tigers are fierce! Tigers have teeth and claws that pierce!"
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server, sucks don't it?

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Necro in the Navy...

is anybody else worried about this?

Pikachu off the port bow! Flood all tubes! Fire!
*BAWOOM!*
Another victory for the USS EATYERBRAINS!

In act case... I don't know that a 1st Lt. gets all that much respect from ANYBODY. I mean, the career officers all know he's green, and the enlisted will take a long-term sergeant's word over his any day...

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, First Lieutenants wouldn't get much respect in the Navy, at least, with all that Army-Navy rivalry...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I was walking out of a movie, and some people recognized me from They Might Be Giants. They said 'Are you John?' and I said '...Yeah.' and then they said 'We're glad to see you getting out.'" - John Linnell

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me, being an officer is the way to go. (Speaking from personal exprience of course.) I wouldn't have it any other way. And you do get respect, it's mostly the whole FNG thing. The whole TV/movie depiction is just a bunch of Hollywood money making stuff.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan to become an officer, but i will wait so i can gain experience and my BA.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk to Baloo, he's got the most experience about this kind of thing, IIRC.

Oh, and Necro...... *does salute*

Now you bring pics of you in Full Military Attire, y'hear? So we can talk about how bad it looks......... nevermind.....

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. I thought this was a thread about the Village People... *L*

------------------
Harold: "You're missing the point!"
Red: "Well, I don't like points."
-The Red Green Show

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here. I think I'd better go ahead and congradulate Necromancer now, and worry about whether I ought to be worried that he's one of the "guardians of freedom" later.

Necromancer: I think you'll find basic training to be a real eye opener. If you think that vampires dripping in blood and gore are frightening, just wait 'till you meet your Drill Instructor. The navy doesn't recruit Drill Instructors from its own ranks (or so I've heard). No, your Drill Instructor will be a MARINE!

If you can manage to hang in there (please do) you will find that you have not only changed your opinions about a lot of things (by your own reasoning -- brainwashing anly applies to getting you to cooperate with others and acting like part of the team) but you will also discover deep, hitherto untapped wells of fortitude and resourcefulness you never even suspected were there.

Good luck, and persevere!

------------------
"A man always needs to remember one thing about a beautiful woman.
Somewhere, somebody's tired of her."
-- Fortune Cookie
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the Navy is good. Got a close friend in the navy, but she only enlisted. Of course I'm biased towards the navy because I spent 3 years in the NJROTC at my high school. Even became a platoon commander and the Color Guard commander. It was great commanding people around. Nec, good luck!

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps