Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Problems with my webpage....can anyone explain why?

Author Topic: Problems with my webpage....can anyone explain why?
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at my webpage ( http://www.crosswinds.net/~usairwaysva ) in Netscape, the backgroudn image shows up fine. Looking at it in Internet Explorer, it doesn't. Also try http://www.crosswinds.net/~usairwaysva/Index2.html . Does anyone know how I can fix it to work fine in both? This was created in Netscape Composer. Does that have something to do with it? And please don't respond saying that Netscape is better, because I really don't need to hear it. Thanks in advance.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might have something to do with the fact that your page is one huge table...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
This is an audio signature. Download audio

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nerscape Composer...hmmm...maybe it uses some coding unfamiliar to IE. MS Frontpage has the same thing with Netscape browsers.

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to try opening the file in frontpage and saving it again as a frontpage html file. That *may* provide a quick fix. But don't bet your life on it.

You could also try re-writing the whole thing in notepad or any other text based html program, like ultraedit. Though I have to warn you, it will take a fair while when compared to these GUI web creation programs.

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... I thought IE could display anything, regardless of how error-riddled it was... :-)

------------------
Harold: "You're missing the point!"
Red: "Well, I don't like points."
-The Red Green Show

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It often does...but usually not correctly, depending on how it decides to interpret the errors.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
This is an audio signature. Download audio

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps