Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Clinton's Home Movies.

Author Topic: Clinton's Home Movies.
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else see that video on Sky News last night with Clinton going through his life in the Whate House like he was an ordinary Joe?

What the hell was that about, and does anyone know where it could be downloaded? I plan to bribe him with it in later life .

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean Blackmail?

It's a spoof video of Clinton doing very stupid things, like riding a bike in the White House, washing his wife's limousine, doing laundry, etc. etc.

From what I heard, this was for a media banquet, and it totally brought the house down.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was about what he's doing since he is now a lame duck, meaning he can't be reelceted.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, CNN aired it over here. Very funny. Bill running out with Hillary's lunch was just classic.

------------------
The above post was mulled-over, composed, and posted during time Tom would have better spent on his plethora of homework and homework-related exercises. Now don't you feel special?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... A lame duck is usually someone who is in the final months of their term, after their opponent has already been elected to succeed them. If it merely meant he couldn't be re-elected, Clinton would have been one since he was re-elected in '96. And, if Gore wins come November, I don't think Clinton would be a lame duck, since the same party would stay in office. Though I could be wrong.

------------------
Harold: "You're missing the point!"
Red: "Well, I don't like points."
-The Red Green Show

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought a lame duck president was a president who gets caught doing something illegal/wrong, and eventually has no confidence from the Congress... Andrew Jackson, after his impeachment, became a 'lame duck' president.

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and have lived to tell about it." Sideshow Bob

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lame duck: Any outgoing official with diminished power due to the fact that he/she is soon to leave office. Usually, but not always, following an election which the outgoing official has lost.

That's all.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frightening, yet accurate!

------------------
Gandalf

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited May 03, 2000).]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, Andrew Jackson was never impeached. Andrew Johnson, who became president after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, was impeached in 1868.

The 22nd amendment reads in part: "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice...." Clinton is thereby barred by from seeking another term of office as president by and is therefore a lame duck.

Accurate, yet not frightening.

------------------
Yes, that's to correct your posture. Soon you'll have a mighty hump! Now...you really are my son. This calls for a celebration: let's fire some employees.
~C. Montgomery Burns

And be sure to visit The Field Marshal project http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net/

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited May 03, 2000).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Keeping in mind that impeached doesn't mean he gets kicked out, only that congree agrees to put him/her on trial. (something like that)

------------------
Gandalf

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the movie! First I thought it wasn't really Clinton!

------------------
If you want to get your soul to heaven,
trust in me.
Don't judge or question.
You are broken now,
but faith can heal you.
Just do everything I tell you to do.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

-Tool, "Opiate"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps