Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ickle problem with my webpage

Author Topic: Ickle problem with my webpage
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could anyone tell me why there's a blue bar down the right hand side of the screen when I look at my web-page in IE5 at 1280 x 1024. It looks fine at 1024 x 768. And is it only IE5 that does it?
www.liamnet.demon.co.uk

Bugger, I should have put this in Shippy's thread. Wasn't thinking. Sorry. And how come I've only just noticed? I'm an idiot.
------------------
*Amusing quote not available, please call back later*

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited May 01, 2000).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The background image isn't wide enough, I imagine. Meaning, it repeats itself when there are more pixels across.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using IE 4.72 at 800x600, looks fine.

Except for the Pokemon.

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I don't USE a background image as such. The blue bar down the side is one, but the rest is just a white background.

And are the Pokemon not coming out Ultra, or was that a sharply delivered critique? Eh? Come on, mr "Oh Rodimus, I'm not worthy. Here, is that seat dirty? Let me lick your arse clean with my toungue".

I liked Rodimus. Natch.

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, and when it comes that the image goes all the way across the page, it repeats itself horizontally like it always does veritcally -- hence the blue bar on the right at higher resolutions.
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinionation, I thought it was a witty remark.

BTW, thanks for putting a link to your page. I liked the 'musings of a TF fan' parts. It's nice to see that TF is still being enjoyed.

------------------
-Mark Twain

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

UM: no prob.

So, what's the solution? Do I have to put in a white backdrop GIF to stop it from repeating?

------------------

Member # 239

Try and just make the background wider. That way it won't repeat as quickly.

------------------
-Mark Twain

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until, of course, someone introduces the 800 googolpixel by 600 googolpixel monitor. Then God help you!

------------------
"The difference between involved and committed? Look at a plate of ham and eggs. The chicken is involved. The pig is committed."
-- Me
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*reads Baloo's post and starts babbling and drooling* I... want... one...

Sorry. Sometimes fantasy gets the better of me... :-)

------------------
Harold: "You're missing the point!"
Red: "Well, I don't like points."
-The Red Green Show

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new nickname: PokeLiam

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps