Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » NiftySource returns

Author Topic: NiftySource returns
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of you may remember this site from last summer. It used to be a site with no content. It has content now, but it's mostly wacky made-up stuff. Imagine a cross between odd-news sites, The Onion, and the wild ravings of that guy they locked up last week. Mostly the third category.
http://frankg.dgne.com/niftysource/

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Linnell: "You know, we actually know the next song we're going to play. We're talking about some personal stuff that concerns just me and John. I realize that this probably isn't the time or the place."
John Flansburgh: "We can finish this conversation in the car."

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm....it wouldn't be complete without a dissertation and critique of the World Famous Time Cube.

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and have lived to tell about it." Sideshow Bob

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did put a news item about it in...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Linnell: "You know, we actually know the next song we're going to play. We're talking about some personal stuff that concerns just me and John. I realize that this probably isn't the time or the place."

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now its perfect

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and have lived to tell about it." Sideshow Bob

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing as how I am quite unable to discern anything from words other than their meaning at face value, I have to ask: what exactly is timecube.com? Is it serious? A joke? A Mutant elephant poop's LSD-induced thoughts?

I'm so confused, and I don't want to word-murder my children.

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

We really don't know what the Time Cube is supposed to be...Sol can explain further, him being the expert.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see the Curry Order got a mention. This kind spontaneous publicity could make you famous!!

The new phone books are here!!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Time Cube is pure transcendental weirdness. I believe it to be the authentic work of a disturbed mind, for reasons I shall lay out for you. These also happen to be the reasons I love the place so much.

1.) Randomness: The site covers, at my last count, about three distinct domains. (timecube.com, abovegod.com, and thegreatestthinker.com) Every paragraph makes a different claim about the Time Cube, everything from it representing all of a three-sided life to it being 4/16 of truth. Sheer random madness. And yet, as someone once said, there be method in it. Gene Ray, the author, keeps hitting the same basic points from differing directions. This all falls in place very smoothly, leading me to believe the intentions are sincere.

2.) Syntax: Gene has a charming tendancy to make proper nouns out of more common things. He also...well, let the man speak for himself. "The academia created 1 day greenwich time is bastardly queer and dooms future youth and nature to a hell." Note he doesn't say "to hell", but "to a hell". Fascinating.

3.) Quality of graphics: Looking at the images available, quite a few appear to be hand drawn pages scanned in. My guess is they are from pamphlets that Gene attempts to distribute down in St. Petersburg. And that's another thing, his full address is listed on these pamphlet pages. Which brings us to the next point.

4.) Locality: At several points, Gene rails against the "educated stupid" universities which refuse to allow him to debate the Time Cube. He does so with such earnestness that I cannot help but imagine he has actually tried. He also has either a 1,000 dollar bet or a 5,000 dollar bet going for someone to disprove the Time Cube. Also, he specifically calls for a boycott against the St. Petersburg Times, which apparently refuses to print the truth of the four day Time Cube. He even lists their phone number, which I have been tempted to call, just to ask them about this guy.

5.) Abusiveness. As Gene says, and keeps saying, "If you are ignorant of natures harmonic time cube creation, then you were taught to be stupid and evil." Couple this with his active anti-religous stance and you get someone who really doesn't care if you visit his site or not. After all, we're too stupid to get the point anyway.

And that's why I think Gene Ray is a real life nutter, spending his days underneath the Florida sun screaming at passersby and handing out his literature.

On a side note, he seems to be expanding his web of hatred as of late. It used to be just anyone who didn't know the truth of the Time Cube. Then there was a pretty heavy anti-Christianity bent, and now he seems to be using the cube to prove that "Racial integration equals 'Racial Slop'." Still wacky, but it isn't quite as fun when he starts to tread in the real world.

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd really like to build a site about the order, I just need some willing members to help me out with comic development etc. If you're interested, let me know. (There'll be plenty of sillyness to go around, believe me).

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, for a minute:
I thouht the Curry Order was just a running joke in here.
Am I right in thinking that it is a seperate entity of Flare, an entity nutured into existence by you, Daryus?

I dunno. I haven't had a curry in a while. Is that all the Order is about? No orgies? No sex orgies?

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the Order of Curry is something started by Daryus which really only applies here, or where a large enough group of us are gathered. :-)

------------------
Harold: "You're missing the point!"
Red: "Well, I don't like points."
-The Red Green Show

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true. However I am seriously thinking of expanding it into a total BS site and making a true grasp for world domination.

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps