Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I have a friend with a scanner... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I have a friend with a scanner...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So now you can see what I look like:

I'm the guy on the left (The little guy mesmerized by the flash is my son, Jordan).

--Baloo

------------------
"The difference between involved and committed? Look at a plate of ham and eggs. The chicken is involved. The pig is committed."
-- Me
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's quite a beard.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Flansburgh: "This song is so old that it's actually featured on our brand new record."
John Linnell: "It's one of those year 2000 problems."

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Gasps*
YOU'RE NOT A BEAR!! Well, nearly!

*runs and hides under telephone directory*

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gaseous Anomaly: Not a bear? You have obviously never encountered me before I've had my morning ration of caffein-laden beverage.

------------------
"The difference between involved and committed? Look at a plate of ham and eggs. The chicken is involved. The pig is committed."
-- Me

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, look... It's another picture of a cartoon bear...

Oh, wait. That's real... *frightened*

:-)

------------------
Harold: "You're missing the point!"
Red: "Well, I don't like points."
-The Red Green Show

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is it with you Yanks and beards? Eh? Lee never had a beard. Daryus hasn't got a beard. I haven't got a beard. The Canadians haven't got beards (hopefully), so what makes you lot so special? HMMMMM?

------------------
*Amusing quote not available, please call back later*

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sense the feeling of clausterphobia settling in on your son, Baloo.....

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

It's called testosterone. Despite the folklore, it doesn't cause or exacerbate violent behavior, but it does increase one's sex drive, and promotes the growth of facial hair. Think about that next time you meet an otherwise gorgeous woman with noticeable hair on her upper lip.

------------------
-- Me

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited May 06, 2000).]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Baloo, you don't look like the kind of bear I see where I live... and why all the fuss about having facial hair? Like what Baloo said, it's hormones. Look at the son of Baloo. One day, when he reaches puberty, he's gonna have a large surge of hormones. He'll physically and mentally change. He's gonna have a deeper voice, growth spurs, hair growing everywhere, his muscles will grow, he'll have "needs" that will include the opposite sex...

Baloo, can I offer you a cage? A sedative? A baseball bat?

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh... I don't think Liam was asking why Americans can grow beards. I think he wanted to know why they do. And I for one can honestly claim that I do not. I've found that uninhibited follicular growth on my semblage becomes bothersome after a while, so I don't let it do that. Besides, it helps me keep my youthful charm... :-)

------------------
-The Red Green Show

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

"Youthful charm" is not something I'm particularly concerned with preserving. I spent 20 years nicking my face every morning so I would be in compliance with the regulations. When I retired, I decided to give my face a break by not dragging a sharp blade across it every morning. The only parts of my face I shave are below my jawline and either side of my goatee.

Besides, now that all the folks in charge are old hippies, no-one objects to beards anymore.

--Baloo

------------------
-- Me

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he looks cool. Nice expression I believe there's a bees nest around here somewhere....imagine the honey getting stuck in that!

Liam, hate to dissappoint, but I have a goatee. Shall I shave it off for solidarities sake? You know, we can't have these yanks beating us.

On the point of hair = hormones = sex drive....umm where'd you get that?

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, facial hair is a secondary sex characteristic in men, so it's caused by testosterone, which is responsible for the sex drive. 'Course, the hormones have no bearing upon whether or not you choose to shave... *shrug*

------------------
-The Red Green Show

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, instead of pushing your face onto the scanner surface, you can actually scan a picture.

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can live with a goatee. Providing it's done well, (in a Satan kind of way, as oppossed to a Chandler kind of way).

How long you had the goatee anyway Daryus?

And goatee's are different. They make you look, well, evil. And can be quite restrained. Compared to essentially growing pubes all over your face. You don't see women going dribbly over a hairy arse do you? And how many of you girls get turned on when you see a man with a back so hairy he doesn't need to wear a jumper in winter, eh?

Women shave or wax their legs, arm-pits, and often the area around their front-bottom. The least we men can do is run a razor over our faces each morning. Besides, where do you buy your razors? Is it an American thing, where you have to shave using broken shards of a mirror? I can shave perfectly well without cutting my face to ribbons (since I lost the spots at least. I pity the man who has to shave with acne), although I am one of those people who can get by using an electric. I can't grow decent sideburns either. Which is probably a good thing.

And on the plus side, I don't have a hairy back. Or feet. Or arse. (as I've proved to a few people).

------------------
*Amusing quote not available, please call back later*

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps