Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Freedom Ship

Author Topic: Freedom Ship
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.freedomship.com/

Remember this thing? Monty posted about it a while ago...we weren't really sure if they were serious.

Well, guess what?:
http://www.guardianunlimited.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,217795,00.html

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Flansburgh: "This song is so old that it's actually featured on our brand new record."
John Linnell: "It's one of those year 2000 problems."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My God, that's a big ship."

I wonder if they'll need a staff librarian?

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They better watch out for stray icebergs...even if they're in the Carribean(sp?) !

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and have lived to tell about it." Sideshow Bob

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that things sinks...

Hmmm. That gives me an idea. Bult 100000 more of these, and sink 'em all. That'll get rid of the excess population of the world.

------------------
"Hello and welcome to 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter - just like a condom to a Trekkie." - Drew Carey, Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...every Ayn Rand devotee on Earth located on one ship? I wonder if we can convince them to build another one for L. Ron fans.

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's a coincidence... Someone at the library yesterday was looking for an Ayn Rand book, and now I hear the name again here. Who is Ayn Rand?

------------------
Harold: "You're missing the point!"
Red: "Well, I don't like points."
-The Red Green Show

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a special on this on TLC...

------------------
"Keep on Trekking"
-D. Kelly

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats odd, I saw a reference to Ayn Rand while looking through the Andromeda website....I thought it was just made up.... guess not...

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, have none of you ever been disaffected adolescent intellectuals?

Ayn Rand was an author and philosopher, whose mildly kooky philosophy of Objectivism has attracted some really kooky folks. You can read all about it in such works as "Atlas Shrugged" or "The Fountainhead".

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, that's the one the patron was looking for: The Fountainhead.

------------------
Harold: "You're missing the point!"
Red: "Well, I don't like points."
-The Red Green Show

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And she's just all over the net with such sites as:
"College of New Jersey's Ayn Rand Society"
"The Journal of Ayn Rand Studies"
"Center for the Moral Defense of Capitalism"

*shudder*

------------------
Yes, that's to correct your posture. Soon you'll have a mighty hump! Now...you really are my son. This calls for a celebration: let's fire some employees.
~C. Montgomery Burns

And be sure to visit The Field Marshal project http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net/

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The band 'Collective Soul' named themselves after a line in 'The Fountainhead'.

------------------
"Hello and welcome to 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter - just like a condom to a Trekkie." - Drew Carey, Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't seriously think this project will ever see completion. It just seems to be way to ambitious. However if it does come to be I will be thrilled because it is really cool.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps