Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Spiner and Auberjonois in "Gepetto"

Author Topic: Spiner and Auberjonois in "Gepetto"
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Brent Spiner on the commercials for the ABC musical, but Rene's appearance was a total surprise to me (I was going "O my God! That was him?!" when they showed the major stars at the end). Brent Spiner's rendition of Stromboli was quite...schizophrenic. He talks to his puppets then uses a fake voice to answer himself. Rene's character, an inventor who makes "perfect" artificial children, was extremely perky and *too* happy--almost like a Disneyland employee, only five times more so. Julia Louis-Dreyfus's Blue Fairy had a really fakely sweet and pseudo-British accent, which was extremely annoying. The kid who played Pinoccio was rather good, and as was Drew Carey (but his singing was mediocre). The music wasn't bad, but it wasn't outstanding either, though I'm getting the video because Brent & Rene are in it.

------------------
"One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom!
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?"
--Enjolras, "One Day More," Les Miserables

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Die-hard fan, eh?

------------------
-It's a free society, except there's nothing free,
there's no guarantees y'know, you're on your own.
It's like, "law of the jungle"!

-Keva Rosenberg

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brent Spiner is a great actor (you know he played in Independance Day as well?).

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prakesh: Yep, but too small a role. : �

Nimrod: Call me die-hard if you want, but Data and Odo just happen to be my favorite Trek characters (Odo in particular).

------------------
"One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom!
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?"
--Enjolras, "One Day More," Les Miserables

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're die-hard.

You think hearing a pseudo-British accent is annoying? Try coming FROM Britain and having to put up with it. The only reason I let Spike get away with it is because he's a great character (Dru always sounded like she was about to burst into a quick round of "Chim-chimine").

------------------
*Amusing quote not available, please call back later*

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam, you are talking about Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, right? That or next week's Voyager includes two vampires who like nasty trouble, a lesbian witch, a demon over 100 with a 20 year old boyfriend, a military conspiracy, and a barely clad vampire slayer who has boy trouble...

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Richard Fish Mode]
Who's the lesbian witch!?
[/Richard Fish Mode]

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, that was Buffy.And you know what? Sky has finally got it's act together, andwe get to see brand new episodes of Buffy less than a week after the US. Which is good.

The lesbian witch, that would be Willow's mate right. I dunno, two kipper-kissers on national TV. It's an outrage.

The demon over 100 with the 20 year old boyfriend is especially shocking. We've had Angel, whose pushing 250, and Buffy, who was only 17 when they started (and finished) doing it.

And they've had a military conspiracy in every episode since the start of the season. That is not a revelation. Nor is Buffy having boy trouble. Next you'll be telling me that Giles stutters in the episode.

------------------
*Amusing quote not available, please call back later*

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps