Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Even more reasons to suspect...

Author Topic: Even more reasons to suspect...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...the sanity of Americans:

(It's a link. Click on it!)

--Baloo

------------------
Whadaya lookin' down here for?!?
I'm quitting smoking!
I'll do something clever later!
Now get lost!
[SNARL!]
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message was edited by Baloo on May 03, 1999.]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without that food site, what would you do with your time Baloo? Wait, don't answer that.

------------------
Mine is the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Baloo.

------------------
'Sir, you've been ordered not to take Polermo'

'Ring General HQ, ask them if they want me to give it back'.

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pouring Ketchup on eggs may have been a culture habit that faded in the mid-twentieth century. I know my grandfather used ketchup for his eggs. Personnally, I don't like ketchup and never used it.
IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only reason I love peas, green beans, and spinach today is that my mother poured ketchup on them when I was young to get me to eat them. Thanks, Mom!

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shudder*

------------------
Mine is the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! We American's don't make (much) fun of Marmite and Vegemite (those living where that stuff's a delicacy please explain for the uninitiated) so why pick on ketchup?

Almost every culinary advance made in America resulted from a need to make food that was about to go bad palatable.

Chili: Overwhelm the tastebuds.

Chicken-fried steak: Pound it flat, bread it, deep-fry it and smother with gravy.

Ketchup: Disguise the flavor.

In the pioneer days, you killed what you ate and continued to eat it until it started to move again (altogether now: EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!) Modern improvements in food production, safe storage, etc., haven't removed these foods from our culinary pallette. Rather, these foods are now safe enough that we can worry about taste. If you've ever eaten grass-fed beef, you'd understand the attraction of ketchup.

--Baloo

------------------
Vote Baloo for
Curmudgeon-in-Chief!
"I'm not as old as dirt, but I remember when it was under warranty!"
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps