Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Possible Repository?

Author Topic: Possible Repository?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For survey purposes, my boss is asking me to look for some sort of repository for "recently created websites". I am aware that such repositories do exist, which is basically a start-up site for new webmasters. Any Idea where I may find this "repository"?

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Repository? I hope that isn't anything like a suppository...

No serious. What is a repository?

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and have lived to tell about it." Sideshow Bob

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re�pos�i�to�ry (r-pz-t�r, -tr)
n., pl. re�pos�i�to�ries.

1. A place where things may be put for safekeeping.
2. A warehouse.
3. A museum.
4. A burial vault; a tomb.
5. One that contains or is a store of something specified: �Bone marrow is also the repository for some leukemias and lymphomas� (Seth Rolbein).
6. One who is entrusted with secrets or confidential information.

------------------
Falls don't hurt. It's the sudden stop when you reach the bottom that hurts.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and a nifty sniper's nest
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly is it you're supposed to be looking for? A place to go to find new sites?

------------------
"While it is true that 15% of home accidents are caused by large penis related incidents, only a small number have ever been known to be fatal."
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"!

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've not heard of what you're looking for in practice. I've heard ideas for making one, but not any created.

------------------
Ex-Admin at the TrekBBS.com

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: Yes, that's what I'm looking for.

A research project requires me to research new websites and the owners who create them. I was told that there is a bbs-type of repository in which people simply enter their name and new site on a form, along with when their site is created and a one-liner on what it is about.

I'm guessing that the repository itself is not graphically attractive. It's probably more of a text based format.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited May 26, 2000).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps