Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Chicken Pox?

Author Topic: Chicken Pox?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I don't have Chicken Pox, but unfortunately, I don't think I've ever had Chicken Pox.

I've been told that most people had Chicken Pox at some time in their lives, usually when they are young. However, the older a person gets, the more worse Chicken Pox becomes. I'm currently 22, and I've been told that if I have Chicken Pox, I would be sidelined for about a month. That's not a very good prospect right now.

Strangely enough, when my brother came down with Chicken Pox many years ago, I was in close proximity with him before, during, and after he was sick. The troubling thing is that I never came down with it. Someone suggested that I may have had chicken pox, but the blisters were not so severe. I do remember being very sick when I was young for about 2 weeks and I had a couple of "rashes" in my ears, and on my chest, but that was it.

Advice?

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had chicken pox when I was 7. It only lasted 6 days. Maybe you did get them and didn't even notice? Or maybe your even immune?

------------------
"Contact in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... more or less."
-Tal Celes "Good Shepard"
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/7647/

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure you never had it? My brother had chicken pox when he was only a couple months old...ask your parents if you haven't already. Also, some people are indeed naturally immune to it.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
June is National Accordion Awareness Month.
"I usually feature the accordion on three or four songs every album, which is three or four more accordion-based songs than most Top 40 albums have." - Weird Al Yankovic

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited May 28, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is also a vaccine for the horribly itchy pox. I'm not sure about the details, but if you're worried it might not hurt to check into it.

------------------
"While it is true that 15% of home accidents are caused by large penis related incidents, only a small number have ever been known to be fatal."
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps