Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » ...Till death do us part.

Author Topic: ...Till death do us part.
Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. I'm getting married in three days. Can someone tell me where I went that I got here so fast? We've been engaged for two years, but it seems like only two days. And not too soon thereafter, I'm gonna be a father. A FATHER!!! I haven't even gotten used to being an adult. I'm still watching cartoons, for Christ's sake! I'm gonna be like, "No son, you can't watch this, I'm watching Thundercats""Gimme that Pikachu, it's mine.""No, Fox kids sucks, let's watch Cartoon Network."

Any advice? Should I grow up? And if so, how the hell am I gonna do it? I mean I got the set of BK Dragonball Z action figures decorating my computer at work. How the hell am I supposed to act like an adult? Huh?

------------------
Look at the past few years:
Jimmy Carter: Who we kidding, Valium Posterchild. We go to:
Ronald Reagan, Howdy Doody Sr. If it keeps getting benign, we might end up with:
Mr. Rogers, "Can you say Armageddon? Oops, too late." Or we can get macho and have:
Jack Nicholson vs. Clint Eastwood, Shortest debate in history, all Jack will have to say is "How can you debate me, you haven't opened your goddammed eyes in twenty years."

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will be bigger then the kid for many years to come, so watch the cartoons you like.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry. I just got married too, and it's great. But I can't say anything about kids. Although I think my neice is great and my friend's kid is pretty cool too. Kids aren't that hard, they are just very time consuming. They get hard later on. But by then, I'm sure you'll be ready.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean you had intercourse out of wedlock?

*holds up cross*

Away Satan, lest you curse my pure thoughts.

------------------
"A fully functioning, cybernetic, technologically advanced team of superheroes... and NOBODY'S got a flashlight?"
- Polly Ester; Samurai Pizza Cats

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That all depends on whether you believe marraige is based on the legality or the consumation (BTW, we've been engaged over two years, and pretty much consider this a mere formality.)

------------------
Look at the past few years:
Jimmy Carter: Who we kidding, Valium Posterchild. We go to:
Ronald Reagan, Howdy Doody Sr. If it keeps getting benign, we might end up with:
Mr. Rogers, "Can you say Armageddon? Oops, too late." Or we can get macho and have:
Jack Nicholson vs. Clint Eastwood, Shortest debate in history, all Jack will have to say is "How can you debate me, you haven't opened your goddammed eyes in twenty years."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No sir. You are evil. You probably drink pig's blood and spend your Friday nights feasting on a virgin. You dirty old man.

------------------
"A fully functioning, cybernetic, technologically advanced team of superheroes... and NOBODY'S got a flashlight?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... If you grow up, won't that make it all the harder to take care of the kid? I mean, you'll be stopping the kid from doing what it wants all the time. As long as you're still acting childish, you'll be doing the same stuff, and you can have fun, rather than always saying "don't do this, don't do that". :-)

Oh, BTW, I'm only 19 and I don't even have a girlfriend, so don't think this is any sort of expert opinion, or anything... *LOL*

------------------
"How many Libraries of Congress per second can your software handle?"
-Avery Brooks, IBM commercial

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend watches Transformers with his son, who is arguably a bit too young to draw a connection between his father's interest and the strange swirling patterns on the TV.

------------------
It's not my birthday
It's not today
It's not my birthday so why do you lunge out at me?
--
They Might Be Giants
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! I'll give you a cookie.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

He's not my son! He's my nephew!

And he loves it too.

And he prefers the Japanese Pokemon theme to the English. Natch.

------------------

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look on the bright side SB: Your kid won't remember a thing for at least the first 2 years. So you've got some time to adjust.

------------------
"Do you want to be President?"
"Yes."
"Put you hand on the book and say 'I do'."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

- G'kar and Sheridan, Babylon 5.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps