Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » FINALLY! AT LAST!!

Author Topic: FINALLY! AT LAST!!
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After YEARS of paying TWICE as much as San Jose for less than a third of the cable channels... The cable company got bought out. *LOL*

And just now, they FINALLY finished the city-wide retrofit, and we're now paying just as much as San Jose... for 2/3 of the channels. *LOL*

Getting better there, guys.

Well, at least now we get ESPN2, Cartoon Network, and Comedy Central... Don't get SciFi though. >:[ The kicker, of course, is that it's all part of their 'basic' service, meaning that when the box decides to die again, we can just plug the TV right in and get everything but HBO.

(Now if NBC would hurry their asses up and get KNTV to switch from WB... *shudder*)

------------------
"BAD KIKI! No karaoke in the house!"

[This message has been edited by Charles Capps (edited July 03, 2000).]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, in Sacramento we get all the cable channels you just mentioned. Only watch the cartoon network for the old stuff. Don't watch sci-fi channel much. Sometimes I do tune in to watch the old Star Trek and the Twilight Zone. And today, I watched a few episodes of Battlestar Galactica during their "Chain Reaction" which is a marathon. Tomorrow, it's the Twilight Zone. I don't ever watch ESPN2 or any of the sports networks. Was never into sports that much. I don't really watch Comedy Central either.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I spend most of my time watching Cartoon Network (the UK one anyway), which has been excellent recently. They've got great spoof ads (the ceramic plate one is a classic, and the current "sex bomb" one is cool too), and an even better line-up. Space Ghost, Animaniacs, Pinky & the Brain, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls. All great. Even the pnats cartoons like Cow & Chicken have good theme tunes. Now, if only they'd buy Samurai Pizza Cats...

And aart from that, it's Sky One (which is a lot like FOX, with a few more shows. Betweeen the Simpsons, Friends, Buffy and Angel, and Star Trek, it's great). Oh, and UK Play, for that nice mix of music and comedy. Even if I have ssen every episode of Bang, Bang, It's Reeves and Mortimer about 9 times now.

------------------
"I can't believe we're actually gonna meet Guru Lou. Everyone says he's the wisest man in the universe. He's sensitive, creative, has a great sense of humour, and he's a really smooth dancer. *giggles*"
"You're confused Polly. We're not meeting Paul Newman."
- Polly & Speedy; Samurai Pizza Cats

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched all but about three eps of "Battlestar Galactica." Ended at 3am.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps