Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » DANG IT!!! WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT BEFORE??????????????????????????????????????

Author Topic: DANG IT!!! WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT BEFORE??????????????????????????????????????
D. Lerious
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone noticed that when typing something up in the computer, mistakes are hardly ever found until you have printed the document, thereby forcing you to reprint? Grrrr How annoying!!!!! , especially when you print it 5 mins before class, the printer runs out of paper, and/or, the printer gets jammed.

------------------
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

IP: Logged
KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate that too. I usually find a mistake just when I'm about to hand it in. Fortunatley no one ever notices.

------------------
"Contact in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... more or less."
-Tal Celes "Good Shepard"
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/7647/

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you understand. All computers have a randomizer built into them so right when you go to print something, it changes a few letters around to mess it up. And it can sense the urgency involved in your project and can make the printer mess up too. It's something that the gov't is trying to keep underwraps. They want to use it as a weapon the next time we fight a major war.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same problem, especially concerning posting on message boards. I like it when they have a preview feature so you can check and recheck your document before you commit to posting it.

That's one of the reasons you often see the "edited by" message at the bottom of my posts and replies.

Oh, well.

~~Baloo

------------------
Beer lovers take note:
Stroh's spelled backwards is "shorts."

http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen the same thing at work a million times.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to think of myself as at least an average editor, but it's very hard to edit your own work.

------------------
But the dead only quickly decay. They don't go about being born and reborn and rising and falling like souffle. The dead only quickly decay.
--
Gothic Archies
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! For the love of God, Montressor!

D. Lerious
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I like to think of myself as at least an average editor, but it's very hard to edit your own work."

Tell me about it!!! Especially, if details are not your thing, as is the case with me.

------------------
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

IP: Logged
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, D, it was absolutely unnessecary to use all those quesiton marks. Please tone it down in the future....

------------------
"BAD KIKI! No karaoke in the house!"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read this thread first in the OL forum because I was alarmed that it might be another flame war. Now I'm relieved - I think ranting about computers is within the rules of conduct, and is always welcome.

I'm absolutely convinced that I make less mistakes than my software - really.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps