Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » *frustrated*

Author Topic: *frustrated*
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF does this address say?

It's from a friend in England...I'm told that there is alot more to UK addies than USA ones, so I need HELP!

------------------
"Chances thrown / Nothing's free / Looking for what used to be / Still it's hard / Hard to see / Fragile lives, shattered dreams..."

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and ignore the wonderful portrait of my sister after taking her braids out

------------------
"Chances thrown / Nothing's free / Looking for what used to be / Still it's hard / Hard to see / Fragile lives, shattered dreams..."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
107 London Road
Whitchurch
nr Basingstoke.

From that I can determine...

His house number is 107
His road is called London Road (there's a London Road near me. But not that one)
And his county is Whitchurch.

My nan lives in whitchurch, which is near Basingstoke, which is what I assume the last line means.

If you are replying, just put:
107 London Road
Whitchurch
Hampshire.

About as far away from London as I am, but on the other side (West). About 1 hour from the centre of London.

Although without the post-code, the post office is really gonna be pissed off.

------------------
'Those are the headlines. Happy now?'
-Chris Morris.

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

THANKS LIAM!

BTW, what is the postal code composed of?

------------------

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6 letter/number digits that state by number code which side of the street and which half of the street his house is on.

------------------
When I saw you I fell in love,
and you smiled because you knew
- Unkown

...if you should die before me,
ask if you could bring a friend...
- Unkown

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this format...

lln(n) n(n)ll

For instance, mine is

RM3 7BU

Rm=Romford
3 one of the areas around Romford. RM1 is the main shopping centre at the heart of the town. I live in Harold Hill, a small, er, town, in the big, er, town.

The 7BU would refer to my Close (cul-de-sac) of 14 houses. All you need to actually deliver mail is the house number and post-code.

------------------
'You want the moon on a stick, don't you?'
-Richard Herring

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* In other words, exactly what I told you last night, Josh. . . 8)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps