Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Big Brother is watching you (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Big Brother is watching you
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I read "Fugitive" show, my first thought was that Schwarzenegger's "Running Man" might be possible in the near future too. They probably won't show live killing - but who knows?

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TWO token blacks, RW. One token Asian, but no token Latino.

------------------
"Truth about Santa Claus debunks Santa God. God evolves from Santa."
-Gene Ray, http://www.timecube.com

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, you can almost hear the thoughts percolating inside my braincase. But I still don't have the energy for it.

But why exactly the negativity towards the reality TV? Far less annoying a trend than, oh, newsmagazines or hospital dramas, both of which have had their day on U.S. TV. They may make me hate everyone on them with a passion, but that's part of the fun.

------------------
But the dead only quickly decay. They don't go about being born and reborn and rising and falling like souffle. The dead only quickly decay.
--
Gothic Archies
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! For the love of God, Montressor!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if I'd call them less annoying. I put them all on about the same level... :-)

------------------
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd call you up in hell."
-Ozzy Osbourne, "Tomorrow"

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a "Fugitive"-like show on American TV a few years ago. People running though open country chased by fascist-looking guys on ATV's, as I recall.

Mercifully, it's lifespan was brief. It was beaten in the ratings by "American Gladiators," another program we would have been better off without.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's even worse than reality shows? Teen soap operas......No, actually reality shows are worse. But then you could argue that they're on equal footing. Because reality shows are solidly grounded in soap opera.

------------------
"One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom!
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?"
--Enjolras, "One Day More," Les Miserables

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't watch reality TV. There is a gay couple living next door, and crack heads across the creek, and we all live in a hollow (holler) with hillbillies and red necks. Reality TV just isn't as interseting as reality.
One of the gay guys is a cousin of mine, and I'm realted to most of the hillbillies and rednecks.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps