Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Not Smoking. Day Seven.

Author Topic: Not Smoking. Day Seven.
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A summary of the last seven days.

Day 1: Not so bad. Zyban and the Patch don't seem to be having any significant effects, but I'm doin' okay.

Day 2: Going insane. When the craving comes, it brings friends. I went out & bought a pack. Smoked most of it that day & evening. Still smoked less than my former average of 1-2 packs/day.

Day 3: Finished the pack (3 cigs). Had no further smokes.

Day 4: sneaked a few puffs from my brother-in-law (with his aid). Jaws ache from clenching teeth.

Day 5: (Ditto). Jaws still ache, but not so much.

Day 6: Made it through the day w/o smoking at all.

Day 7: No smokes today. Still edgy, but I haven't had a smoke.

It ain't easy, but it's getting easier.

--Baloo

------------------
Technobabble Incorporated!
Taking technology to the edge...
...and pushing it over!
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you Baloo! Keep going!

------------------
"Plagues extinguished, the world becomes smaller.
For a long time there is peace in empty lands.
People will walk safely by air, land, sea, waves.
Then again wars will be stirred up..."

- Nostradamus, 1568

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't run over anyone on your way to work?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep going Baloo; you can do it.

------------------
All Sisko needs is ANOTHER tall ship and a star to steer her by.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*applauds*

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY BALOO!! .... Keep up the good work!!

------------------
When I saw you I fell in love,
and you smiled because you knew
- Unkown

...if you should die before me,
ask if you could bring a friend...
- Unkown

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep it up, you doing well!!

------------------
SHATTERED MIRROR

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not to get picky or anything, but, judging by your summary of the week, shouldn't the title be "Not Smoking. Day Two."? ;-)

------------------
"Why don't you go out and cross the boulevard while the lights are against you?"
-Groucho Marx to Chico Marx, Animal Crackers

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*clapclap*

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: The process began seven days ago when this thread was written. If you knew how much I smoked before, you'd know 3/4 pack is almost nothing by comparison.

According to the stop-smoking program I'm in, "falling off the wagon" and climbing right back on again (you'll note that my use tapered rapidly after that point) is an expected difficulty. If you beat yourself up for giving in to the craving, you're that much less likely to succeed. Rather, you look on lapses like that as bumps in the road, and press on.

It's quite apparent you've never had to deal with an addiction. Good for you, but please don't be so smug. It isn't very becoming.

--Baloo

P.S. Day eight's nearly over and I didn't cheat once. The cravings are less, too. I think by tomorrow I can be civil with very little effort .

------------------
...and pushing it over!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack! Can't anyone take a joke? You'd think people around here would be used to sarcasm by now...

------------------
"Why don't you go out and cross the boulevard while the lights are against you?"
-Groucho Marx to Chico Marx, Animal Crackers

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*senses sarcasm in Tim's post*

Accck.. no... nevermind...

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

Day 9: Didn't put patch on this morning. Instead, I put it in my pocket so I could put it on later if I needed it.

I didn't.

Each day the cravings are weaker. They come and last only a few seconds instead of 20-30 minutes.

Cool.

------------------
...and pushing it over!

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job, Baloo! That's so cool! :-)

------------------
**The Light only shines in the dark, and sometimes innocence is just an excuse for the guilty**

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo...I remember EXACTLY what it was like when I stopped smoking. I went cold turkey...no patches nothing. I didn't drink...cos it made me wanna smoke...I ate kids food...lots of chips and beans..cos REAL food made me wanna smoke..n pubs no clubs. I became a hermit. I will never forget when I did after everal weeks go out for a meal how fabulous the wine and salad dressing tasted...it was like i was tasting them for the first time. Wait until you get your full tasting capacity back...its worth giving up ciggies for all over again!!

------------------
I'm the Worlds First Fully Functional Homicidal Artist.....

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps